Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No S/PDIF Out on 800?
I just ordered a slave for my 250. Looking at the configurator, however, I notice that the 800 will not have a digital out S/PDIF. It seems that the Digital out of the master is used for the signal cable to the slave. On the slave the potential S/PDIF out seems to be configured as 'in'. Is it possible not to plug the signal cable from the master to the slave in the second S/PDIF input instead of the first one?

Please note that I don't consider USB an alternative.

Is that true? How can I get a digital signal into my Mac?
Send an email to Devialet, it is by far the easiest way to solve something like this.
(14-Aug-2014, 15:30)Ekmanc Wrote: Send an email to Devialet, it is by far the easiest way to solve something like this.

I did, but they may be on vacations.
Hi Mohmm,
there is currently only one way to get a digital output: you have to disable the inputs on the slave. Then select the chaining input of the slave and select a digital output. This will automatically use the AES/EBU input for chaining.
This is of course not ideal if you really need additional connections on the slave...
(15-Aug-2014, 08:27)Vivialet Wrote: Hi Mohmm,
there is currently only one way to get a digital output: you have to disable the inputs on the slave. Then select the chaining input of the slave and select a digital output. This will automatically use the AES/EBU input for chaining.
This is of course not ideal if you really need additional connections on the slave...

OK, thanks, I discovered this in the configurator. Losing additional inputs is not too bad for my setup.

However, an RCA to XLR cable brings up the impedance question: 75 or 110 ohm?

I remember this issue has been discussed in this forum but without a real solution.
(16-Aug-2014, 10:02)Mohmm Wrote:

OK, thanks, I discovered this in the configurator. Losing additional inputs is not too bad for my setup.

I remember this issue has been discussed in this forum but without a real solution.

About the 75 vs 110 ohm I remember Thierry (@ Devialet) telling me that a 75 ohm cable should be used and their proprietary solution at the AES/EBU side will handle the impedance issue.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(17-Aug-2014, 10:46)Mikeeo Wrote:
(16-Aug-2014, 10:02)Mohmm Wrote:

About the 75 vs 110 ohm I remember Thierry (@ Devialet) telling me that a 75 ohm cable should be used and their proprietary solution at the AES/EBU side will handle the impedance issue.

/Mike

Thanks, that's helpful.

Then the issue remains, how to solder the two RCA strands to the three XLR pins, or the other way round, the three balanced strands to the two RCA pins? I remember having done this for analog cables in the distant past, but never for digital.
Then the issue remains, how to solder the two RCA strands to the three XLR pins, or the other way round, the three balanced strands to the two RCA pins? I remember having done this for analog cables in the distant past, but never for digital.
[/quote]

It's useful?

https://help.devialet.com/entries/248337...-by-myself
(18-Aug-2014, 08:22)Kenzo Wrote: Then the issue remains, how to solder the two RCA strands to the three XLR pins, or the other way round, the three balanced strands to the two RCA pins? I remember having done this for analog cables in the distant past, but never for digital.

It's useful?

https://help.devialet.com/entries/248337...-by-myself
[/quote]

Sorry, I should have searched myself. Thank you anyway.