Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user and soon owner of Phantom Silver
Smile 
Hi everyone  Smile
I just ordered a pair og Silver with the dialog and the volum controller last week and are starting to look at how I'am going to wire the things up that I have in my living room.
How to you solve the problem with the toslink signal when you have multiple sources and how do you hook up the tv and blue ray player with the hdmi signal ??
I see that there is toslink splitters to buy, but wich one do you have good experince with  Huh
Lucky you.....they are awesome Smile

I use a Lindy 4 way optical switch with Sky / Apple TV / Bluetooth receiver / Turntable plugged in and it works flawlessly

I had a cheaper manual one but I had some issues with optical switching crashing the system and causing constant cut outs / regular full resets needed 

Since switching I can't be sure if that's the switch or my network that caused the issue because at the same time I bought an Airport Express to create a dedicated network for the dialogue / phantoms 

I can heartily reccomend you do the same if you get any signs of cut outs / crashes using your main router

Since I set it all up like above - I have played music for days on end via all optical courses and Tidal over wifi.....and I think I had a 1 second cut out once Smile
See "Best quality into optical thread"
Levinson 33 amps, Wilson Grand Slamm S3's, Levinson 32 ref pre and ad/da, Basis Ovation and Rega 40 with JSpall custom tone arms, Lyra, Ortofon & Grado cartridges, Marantz AV 8801, PSAudio phono pre, Devialet Dialog w  5 Gold Phantoms, Wilson powered subwoofer, Watch center, Wilson surrounds, Kaleidescape Movie server, Crestron AV controller and switch, 120 MBS docsis3 modem, 20 MBS xdsl modem, Peplink balance 20 router, Ruckus 802.11ac Wave 2 WAPS plus multi Pakedge WAPs, 48 port POE gigabit switch, NetGear 8TB NAS, Amazon Fire,ROKU and Apple TV gen 4, 12 core Mac Pro, Macbook Air Retina, 65" and 50" Runco TV's. Blue sound node 2, OPPO BDP105D, DSpeaker AntiMode 2.0, Octava HDMI/Optical switch, cabling Nordost for analog, Cardas and wireworld for digital/optical.
(03-Dec-2015, 17:28):-) Wrote: Hi everyone  Smile
I just ordered a pair og Silver with the dialog and the volum controller last week and are starting to look at how I'am going to wire the things up that I have in my living room.
How to you solve the problem with the toslink signal when you have multiple sources and how do you hook up the tv and blue ray player with the hdmi signal ??
I see that there is toslink splitters to buy, but wich one do you have good experince with  Huh

Hi there

I started like you with 2 silvers and a dialog and below is how my system is wired in the leaving room

1-Dialog:           wired to the router via Ethernet cable

Dialog:     My TV has Optical out port and the TV is connected to the Optical port of Dialog

All my Video sources (Blu Ray, Sateliites receiver, Roku streaming, ) are connected to the TV via HDMI

So all the video sources will have the sound outputted via the TV to the phantom via the single connection to Dialog.

2- Phantom Left : Optical link to the CD player (my CD player has a optical out) and CD player can be outputed in stereo on both phantoms

3- Phantom Right : My sonos Zone Player is connected to the Phantom via Optical and I can enjoy internet radio and music from my NAS via Sonos...

4- Then you still have two possibilities via Bluetooth on two phantoms (possibly connecting your Ipad and other smart phones).

MY only advice .. when you receive the parcel.. run the setup from a laptop wired to the network... some troubles when you try to run the setup on a wifi connected device.

Hope the above make sense

Enjoy
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
Congratulations with your purchase.

I have 2 white Phantoms and Dialog, connected over wifi. One Phantom is from the early series (without bluetooth). Setup was straigthforward.
If I use Bluetooth on the other Phantom, it will split the signal so I have stereo as well. This works fine for internetradio.
Happy Phantom user since april 2015 (currently 2 Gold Phantom, Dialog, Branch/Tree) with Tidal hifi.
I just got a email today from Devialet with the tracking number  Big Grin
Christmas strikes twice this year  Tongue