Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotify connect on Phantom in few days
(11-Dec-2015, 15:00)Jamington2004 Wrote: Maybe it's like the Welsh - "I'll be there now", meaning sometime soonish?

Same thing in South Africa, "now" roughly means "sometime in the near future" while "now-now" actually means "now".
OK, so I think "within a few days" is over now. But we still don't have any news on that. I just asked Quentin Sannie again on twitter. Suggest any of you interested in spotify connect do the same, to show our strong interest Smile
I surely will!
Update from Quentin Sannie just now : "no official ETA but soon. Believe me. "

see https://twitter.com/quentinsannie/status...0851493888
Has anyone else seen this in the christmas mail from Devialet?  :

IMPLOSIVE CHRISTMAS PLAYLIST
Let's end this year on a high note!
We asked the Devialet teams - engineers, sales representatives, project managers, everyone - to choose the christmas song that moves them the most.
Here is the playlist and it's pretty eclectic!  

[Image: 814a7a55-0afa-4704-9a0e-60e4efd89e7e.png]
[Image: d339ad42-8388-49fc-aea9-14792e3d79a3.png]

[Image: 98267f0a-1dae-4ebd-adda-244bbad65840.png]
[Image: 54a08c2b-cdd7-4663-9893-583b04568e66.png]

[Image: c54b0568-8211-413a-9819-ffd859abe40d.png]

Especially the added playlist for Spotify .. and Apple Music ...

2 Silver Phantoms (firmware 1.14.0.18), 2 Branches/Tree White, Dialog (firmware 1.14.0.18), Remote
Yes, I listened to the playlist today. I wish I hadn't to be honest! I'm glad they're better at building amps than making playlists!
(24-Dec-2015, 20:28)Confused Wrote: Yes, I listened to the playlist today.  I wish I hadn't to be honest!  I'm glad they're better at building amps than making playlists!

Yes you are right   Sad
We all know Devialet is no hero at making playlists... I was just curious why they made a playlist for Spotify and Apple Music.. could this indicate they will support these services soon ... (and probably soon as described in the Devialet dictionary Wink)

2 Silver Phantoms (firmware 1.14.0.18), 2 Branches/Tree White, Dialog (firmware 1.14.0.18), Remote
Spotify support is supposed to be soon. But for $30 you can already stream Spotify using Chromecast Audio optical output.
Got a beta FW with Spotify Connect enabled from Devialet. Testing it since last saturday. Works perfectly !

Spotify Connect appears as an option on the left panel, as the other streaming platforms. Once enabled, you simply see your Phantom's room(s) (didn't tested it in multi-room config) in Spotify connect speaker's list and use it as any other Spotify Connect enabled speaker / ampli.

Once enabled, you don't really need Spark at all : volume control can be directly achieved through Spotify Volume slider (it controls your Phantom Volume). I have no idea about the sample rate used by Devialet for this Spotify Connect implementation, but the quality is great, actually way better than, for example, Spotify on PS4 through optical input on Phantom. Spotify says that it's possible to achieve better sample rates through Spotify Connect, though they do not give much more details about it.

I don't know what's prevent Devialet to release it publicly, but I have to say that this feature dramatically improve my Phantom experience !!!