Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotify connect on Phantom in few days
Nice! How did you get the beta FW?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Could you post some screen shots of the Spotify UI?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(26-Dec-2015, 23:01)ragwo Wrote: Could you post some screen shots of the Spotify UI?

Spotify will be available through spark on the 25 of January. Not a few days, but better late than never.
I see it as a very positive change that Deviate goes through beta release cycle with real customers. At least where the changes deal with User Interface and User experience.
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
(28-Dec-2015, 14:34)Teliaved Wrote: I see it as a very positive change that Deviate goes through beta release cycle with real customers.

As far as I know they have been doing this since they were first released (I believe that the beta test program is called "Phantom Pioneer") but only the very first customers were invited to participate.

I bought mine at the end of March so I wasn't invited.
Thanks for the info EvPa.
And a big thank you to Ol1v1er for sharing details on the beta version.
I am glad to see that Devialet involves directly it's customers (community?) in the process of product design and test.
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
Where? I gave up
(26-Dec-2015, 18:25)0l1v1er Wrote: Got a beta FW with Spotify Connect enabled from Devialet. Testing it since last saturday. Works perfectly !

Spotify Connect appears as an option on the left panel, as the other streaming platforms. Once enabled, you simply see your Phantom's room(s) (didn't tested it in multi-room config) in Spotify connect speaker's list and use it as any other Spotify Connect enabled speaker / ampli.

Once enabled, you don't really need Spark at all : volume control can be directly achieved through Spotify Volume slider (it controls your Phantom Volume). I have no idea about the sample rate used by Devialet for this Spotify Connect implementation, but the quality is great, actually way better than, for example, Spotify on PS4 through optical input on Phantom. Spotify says that it's possible to achieve better sample rates through Spotify Connect, though they do not give much more details about it.

I don't know what's prevent Devialet to release it publicly, but I have to say that this feature dramatically improve my Phantom experience !!!

THIS IS WHY IM SO PISSED OFF. I BOUGHT THEM ONE YEAR AGO BECAUSE OF SPOTIFY CONNECT....
(16-Jan-2016, 01:35)RobLnd Wrote:
(26-Dec-2015, 18:25)0l1v1er Wrote: Got a beta FW with Spotify Connect enabled from Devialet. Testing it since last saturday. Works perfectly !

Spotify Connect appears as an option on the left panel, as the other streaming platforms. Once enabled, you simply see your Phantom's room(s) (didn't tested it in multi-room config) in Spotify connect speaker's list and use it as any other Spotify Connect enabled speaker / ampli.

Once enabled, you don't really need Spark at all : volume control can be directly achieved through Spotify Volume slider (it controls your Phantom Volume). I have no idea about the sample rate used by Devialet for this Spotify Connect implementation, but the quality is great, actually way better than, for example, Spotify on PS4 through optical input on Phantom. Spotify says that it's possible to achieve better sample rates through Spotify Connect, though they do not give much more details about it.

I don't know what's prevent Devialet to release it publicly, but I have to say that this feature dramatically improve my Phantom experience !!!

THIS IS WHY IM SO PISSED OFF. I BOUGHT THEM ONE YEAR AGO BECAUSE OF SPOTIFY CONNECT....

Yeah, I see what you mean. Devialet does not understand the importance of software development and progress. Yearly base versions should by leaps and bounds better, not a tiny integration and a few bug fixes. 

They need to invest in a much more progressive software development team. Spark should work on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus out of the gate. They need a Apple Watch player. Where is the integration with Apple TV? iTunes integration is a joke to be honest. Not even iPad Pro resolution supported. CoverArt are badly compressed. 

If they were heavily invested in building proper software, they would jump on every new piece of API apple is releasing, showcasing how great it CAN BE on Apple ecosystem.

Start by having monthly point releases with a fair amount of progress in them, then a major yearly upgrade. At this snail speed, we´ll be left in the dust.

Sorry for ranting, just feel frustrated at the speed of development. Feels more like some indie app, then an audio ecosystem.
Either that, or just position themselves as a truly great hardware maker and focus efforts on a robust interface to Google Cast, Bluesound, Sonos etc. Current strategy is clearly not sustainable (just look through the forums...) and they will eventually lose out to much bigger and mature software makers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk