Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sensibly-priced mains cable upgrades (<£200/€300)?
(06-Jan-2016, 19:02)TDA Wrote: Octaviars let me know if those powercables are any good.. And i will follow :-)..  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course....I have some other things going on in my system so I dont know when or what cables I am going to order, power and speaker is on my list but I dont know how many powercables until some other decisions are made. Looking for another streaming option and I want to se what is going to be anounced at CES, something with ROON built in would be nice (I know Aries is geting ROON ready but I dont know if I want a solution were a computer needs to run ROON server and be on everytime I wants to play music).

The USB cable and the RCA-XLR digitalcable that I have today is in my mind really good for the money and the reason for me to try their powercables is from an reveiw in Mono&Stereo.

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2015/03/cab...eview.html
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I saw your post on the link cable and i will order one Tuesday when i get home.

My next thing will also be the powercords..

And thanks for the link.. Sounds like we should try them out :-)
Hi everyone,
I owned an Ensemble (atohm gt1, a devialet 200 and atohm ZEF) last year. I'm really pleased with the sound but I think this Ensemble could sound better.
So I bought a Nordost Red Dawn power chord.
I can hear many differences : more opened sound, more definition in the lows, less background noise, more (too much) treebles and the sensation of lean treebles
I would like to know if all power chords make all theses effects or, if buying an other one (another brand) I could have the first three effects and keep some smooth treebles

PS sorry for my english
Roon ROCK - Silent Angel Bonn 8 with Forester F1 - 220 Pro - Penaudio Sara S
Crystal Cable Reference Speaker - Audioquest Vodka Ethernet - Audioquest Tornado
Paris - France
I do believe power cord plays an important role in a music chain. After all, everything needs power and power is the original source. I believe a good power cord will deliver smoother power and hence smoother music. Saying that, I also think we cannot discount biases in our mind when installing or trying out new items in our systems. So, if you think or hear improvements which also gives you more pleasure in your music appreciation, so be it. What matter is that you are being entertained.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

So based on this and your comment I read in an other thread: a powercord is more important to you/in your mind than the quality of the whole of a streamer/computer outputting through USB or ethernet into our Devialet's?

That's kinda weird since instead of a simple 50/60Hz analog high power sine wave signal we're discussing a 480MHz analog low power square wave signal (USB) here. And I'm just talking USB here and forgetting everything else that happens before and after the USB PHY's.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Hi Atoine,

First, my comments are not meant to disrespect or disapprove anyone on their tweakings or enhancements. So I hope you don't get offended.

Secondly, I do believe everyone has different setups, interconnects, music sources, speakers, room acoustics, and even different hearing conditions. So, everyone will hear differently than others. I was once being upset by all the remarks from a group of Octave amps users who keeps saying Devialet was a toy and that I should grown up and join them by using Octave. I would only say that these group of people are being 'brainwashed' or 'conditioned' to the sound of Octave and anything else are not 'pure' music. And, I believe I have met quite a few of these 'religiously' fanatics about their systems.

My point of views had come down to this, regardless what others say, as long as my system allows me to listen to it for a long period of time without feeling fatigue and it keeps getting me to sing along sometimes, and even getting me to tap my feet, then I believe it is good (if not great) enough for me. In this forum, we even have owners who will spend more money on the isolators than a Devialet. Are they wrong? I don't think so, but to me I won't spend such amount of monies on isolators for any kind of improvements.

Mind you, I have used/tried quite a few of gadgets or improvements such as iFi iUSBpower, Mercury USB cables, iPurifier, Linear power supply, isolators, speaker stands, power cords, and interconnects before I jumped into Devialet. To be honest, I started quite late (only two years ago) into this hobby. What I like most about Devialet was its AIR feature, which allows me to free away from all expensive interconnects and enhancements such as Regen, iPurifier, iUSBpower, and such. I'm sure these devices will add improvements to any system, but that will defeat the purpose of owning a Devialet which supposedly to free us all of these. Again, it's okay for anyone to keep tweaking to draw the last bits of improvement in our system. It's your money and it's your choice. In fact, I, myself, will occasionally fall into the temptations and try out some of these gadgets, too. At the end, I remove them to have a cleaner hifi rack. It's my personal choice. Like all, I have experienced white noises with AIR, and I have to change from Mac Mini to NUC, and finally settled on Win10 which gives me 99% trouble-free AIR performance. AIR works for me doesn't imply everyone must use or agree with me.

Back to the topic about power cords, I do hear (or maybe placebo effects) differences when I swap power cords. Highest end power cord for me is the Shunyata Anaconda. Some improve the clarity, some on the bass and some even on the soundstage. At the end, again, I chose aesthetic over quality, by using Audioquest NRG-X3. Oh, I forgot, I even have the wall receptacle changed from a Chinese one to an American wall plug. And, I have also tried some low-end streamers like Sonos Connect and Bluesound Node. Bluesound has better hardware specs than Sonos, but I settled on Sonos for my everyday radio and Chinese music services streaming.

Anyway. I'm just a novice here. I just wanted to share my opinions. Right or wrong, and whether others accept them, it doesn't bother me.

Again, I never wanted to offend anyone here. Devialetchat is by far the best forum I have spent my most time on and all of us sharing our experiences with our Devialets are fun.

P.S. Gee, this is the longest post I have ever written.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier