Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adopt a folding display
Adopt a folding display, then who were to use the Devialet Expert horizontally could raise the display to see it in the distance.
Dare to learn!
[Mac Mini => Devialet 200 => Elac FS 509 VX JET]
I'm not sure what you mean by folding display. Do you have a picture or a link?

Thanks,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Well, english is not my native language. By folding display, I mean a hard display (not a bending one!) that would fit in a small round receptacle, attached to Devialet's body by means of a hinge, and you could manually lift it, so it could stays up (90º relative to Devialet's surface).
Dare to learn!
[Mac Mini => Devialet 200 => Elac FS 509 VX JET]
they just should add another display to their remote..
or completely get rid of it and force to use iphone..
(14-Dec-2015, 22:53)johnsap Wrote: they just should add another display to their remote..
or completely get rid of it and force to use iphone..

It is impractical to add it to the remote as it would necessitate recharging the remote every night - which people might say they would do but would then be annoyed if they forgot to.

I suspect when battery technology gets far far better then we might see it as a remote feature.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(14-Dec-2015, 19:38)Jeffaz Wrote: Well, english is not my native language. By folding display, I mean a hard display (not a bending one!) that would fit in a small round receptacle, attached to Devialet's body by means of a hinge, and you could manually lift it, so it could stays up (90º relative to Devialet's surface).

That doesn't sound like anything that could be readily and cheaply retro fitted. A simple mirror at around 45 degrees is really all that's required to reflect the display forwards. There is already a built-in feature to automatically rotate the display by 180 degrees to facilitate hanging the unit on a wall, so it must be trivial to offer the option to flip the image sideways as well to give a right-way-round reflection in a mirror. I emailed Devialet Support to request the enhancement but they said they would not consider offering this as there would be another solution to the remote display issue - maybe the smartphone app.
shame we're not living in the 70's
we may have seen 'flip up' displays   Big Grin

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLAdcoZnqGEllxO9WxSWh...zOpWNspYbQ]
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England