Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wish List
1. UPnP streaming, now that we have an Ethernet port - no reason why it can't be done?
2. An iOS control app, like ipeng, that allows me to control the Devialet and access my library from the same app. Currently have to flip between ipeng and the Devialet iOS app to do this.
3. Direct playback from USB HD - remove NAS, router and all the other stuff from playback chain that we need to manage.
4. DSD support - not that I've actually managed to find a DSD album that I want to buy, mind you! But good for resale value, if nothing else.
5. AIR for Linux NAS.

Appreciate that most of the above see mutually exclusive, but wanted to get them all down!
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
Number 3 would be great, I'd love it if the Devialet could play back files with high quality on its own.

Better speaker plugs would be nice too, WBT nextgen perhaps.
(31-May-2014, 08:44)Ekmanc Wrote: Number 3 would be great, I'd love it if the Devialet could play back files with high quality on its own.

Better speaker plugs would be nice too, WBT nextgen perhaps.

Number 3 as well, or at least direct NAS, make it thus a real media center, not being compelled to always run through computer or portable device.
DSD would be a nice addition, as well, considering how many makers are implementing it; it'll mark a difference to LINN and Naim.
(30-May-2014, 00:27)ZincAlloy Wrote: 1. UPnP streaming, now that we have an Ethernet port - no reason why it can't be done?
I was complaining about this in the other thread, but I'll just do it here too Smile

This really is a must have feature. Only thing lacking is the software and even that is not that challenging. It's just that Devialet is not interested in doing it, it would seem.

This is the last feature missing from Devialet being a true one box solution.
(30-May-2014, 00:27)ZincAlloy Wrote: 1. UPnP streaming, now that we have an Ethernet port - no reason why it can't be done?
2. An iOS control app, like ipeng, that allows me to control the Devialet and access my library from the same app. Currently have to flip between ipeng and the Devialet iOS app to do this.
3. Direct playback from USB HD - remove NAS, router and all the other stuff from playback chain that we need to manage.
4. DSD support - not that I've actually managed to find a DSD album that I want to buy, mind you! But good for resale value, if nothing else.
5. AIR for Linux NAS.

Appreciate that most of the above see mutually exclusive, but wanted to get them all down!
I'd like to add bi-directional USB. This would simplify digitizing vinyl.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Quote:I'd like to add bi-directional USB. This would simplify digitizing vinyl.

Add the Munich show they said it is only a couple weeks to go for this feature. Hmm couple weeks are already gone.....
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(17-Jul-2014, 20:16)jjo Wrote:
I was complaining about this in the other thread, but I'll just do it here too Smile

This really is a must have feature. Only thing lacking is the software and even that is not that challenging. It's just that Devialet is not interested in doing it, it would seem.

This is the last feature missing from Devialet being a true one box solution.

My 200 replaced as PS AUDIO perfect wave with a UPnP card. It did have one major fault, it couldn't do gapless, don't know if it was limitations in the protocol?

I now use a Shuttel fanless PC with a SSD, runnig foobar, I controll it with monkey mote on my iPad untill now it have worked flawless, I use air over Ethernet. It is also have a much better search function than the old solution.

I for one do not miss UPnPCool

Regard Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
(18-Jul-2014, 21:31)Morten Wrote: it couldn't do gapless, don't know if it was limitations in the protocol?

It is not. It was a limitation of the implementation. Every UPnP player I've used have had no problems with gapless.

(18-Jul-2014, 21:31)Morten Wrote: It is also have a much better search function than the old solution.

Sounds like you had a crappy previous solution.

(18-Jul-2014, 21:31)Morten Wrote: I for one do not miss UPnPCool

Good for you. I still assume most NAS owners that don't want to keep an additional PC running for playing music do miss it Sad
Hi Jjo. Let's see when it comes, if it is better I will switch, I agree that you need one more box to play music.

I was using a Synology NAS, still are my PC takes reeds the file from this.

I don't know if the UPnP will give the same sound quality as AIR, but time will show.

Have a nice weekend

Regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
Actually, when asking about this from Devialet, they claimed that UPnP is not designed for audio transfer and thus quality is better with Air. I just don't buy that, since I've worked with UPnP and I understand how it works. It just seemed like an excuse not to implement it.

I'd just like to see a mostly standard, platform independent, solution for streaming on Devialet as well.