Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAZ phantom review in german
As an owner of the expert line i never listened to the phantom series. So i can say anything about this very critic review (only germany):

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/technik-motor...64179.html
Devialet 120 and KEF LS50 and Quobuz Hifi
(16-Dec-2015, 14:26)Internetguru Wrote: As an owner of the expert line i never listened to the phantom series. So i can say anything about this very critic review (only germany):

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/technik-motor...64179.html

They're not really impressed...
Block PS100 Custom turntable/ Soundsmith Carmen - Kimber KS1011
Aurali Aries LE - Kimber USB  /  Oyaide FTVS 510
AVM Evolution CD3 - Oyaide FTVS 510
D200 - Kimber 12TC all clear - Ayon Gyrfalcon
HMS Energia RC1 mains filter- Fisch Audio power wires
Stuttgart, Germany
He's not impressed but he's listening to 1 Phantom and talks about the sound stage not being too good. I wonder how well the sound stage of a single Magico Q7 sounds. Some people should just stick to writing stories about kittens...
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(16-Dec-2015, 22:33)Pim van Vliet Wrote: He's not impressed but he's listening to 1 Phantom and talks about the sound stage not being too good. I wonder how well the sound stage of a single Magico Q7 sounds. Some people should just stick to writing stories about kittens...

+1 absolutely true!
Block PS100 Custom turntable/ Soundsmith Carmen - Kimber KS1011
Aurali Aries LE - Kimber USB  /  Oyaide FTVS 510
AVM Evolution CD3 - Oyaide FTVS 510
D200 - Kimber 12TC all clear - Ayon Gyrfalcon
HMS Energia RC1 mains filter- Fisch Audio power wires
Stuttgart, Germany
I love my phantoms but I must admit I do mainly listen to electronic music for which, as the review says, the phantoms are particularly well suited.

This is not the first review which judged them based on a single phantom. It isn't quite fair but on the other hand Devialet do promote them that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk