Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red LED on rear panel
Hi guys I tried to do a search for this but couldn't find an answer

I have a D400 and last night I noticed that the Red LED on the rear panel of the 'Master' between the optical in and trigger is illuminated, while the 'Slave' LED is not

Next to the LED is a Hazard symbol, so my guess is that it's an error or fault with the Master unit?

any help is appreciated
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
I'd always thought the red LED was a power-on indicator -- it seems to be permanently lit on my 400 master (can't remember for the slave but I assume so too).

This thread may be of interest: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=1031 (although hopefully no cause for concern if your system is working properly).

Are any faults reported if you select the info display?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Hi,

asked eaxctly the same question to Devialet´s helpdesk a few months ago.
According to them the red LED does only indicate that the unit is under power!
Doesn´t really make sense to me as I guess everybody would unplug the mains cable before opening the
amp but that´s what they told me...
Block PS100 Custom turntable/ Soundsmith Carmen - Kimber KS1011
Aurali Aries LE - Kimber USB  /  Oyaide FTVS 510
AVM Evolution CD3 - Oyaide FTVS 510
D200 - Kimber 12TC all clear - Ayon Gyrfalcon
HMS Energia RC1 mains filter- Fisch Audio power wires
Stuttgart, Germany
cheers for your replies guys Smile

I saw that thread last night and also checked the faults report but there are no faults registered

It makes sense that its simply a power indicator but just seems a little weird that the Master is illuminated and not the Slave
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
With the 3.5mm trigger cable connected between my D400 units (firmware 9.0.1) the LED is lit on both the master and slave units.
thats interesting Smile

i do have a 3.5mm cable but it is a generic cheapo cable... do you think there is any issue using a low quality cable?
i dont see why not as its not carrying any sounds after all

The Cotswolds England
I haven't tried anything but the stock cheap 3.5mm trigger cable and would be extremely surprised if changing that cable made any difference, but I've been surprised before so if anyone is willing to try I'm willing to listen.