Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Tidal streamer?
(31-Dec-2015, 15:38)TDA Wrote: I have ordered one and will soon find out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use tidal with a aurender x100l. Sound quality is 90% as good as a high end CD player. 65% as good as a good turntable.
Maybe the new dialog upgrade can then let us stream tidal directly from an iPad. Maybe the sound quality will be as good as aurender. I found that playing "my music" from devialet app was close to aurender. Maybe the devialet app can be upgraded to let us stream tidal.
[size=x-small]D1000pro, Sonus Faber Amati anniversary, siltech ls88 cables, direct tv, Apple TV, Xbox, Sony projector.

Second system.. d440pro, Sonus Faber Cremona speakers, Mitchell gyro se turntable with cadenza blue, direct tv, Apple TV , sunfire subwoofer, Sony tv.

Third system... d-premier, Opera sp2 speakers , direct tv, Apple TV , Xbox, Sony tv.
I'm using Tidal with Audirvana on my MacBook Pro. In 2 weeks the 3.0 version will be available with Tidal MQA support.

I'm really happy with this setup (v2.6 is the latest) and it work great with AIR.
Aualic Aries now will be able to stream Tidal Master MQA via its iOS Lightining DS application. Before this Tidal MQA master titles were only available via the Desktop application. This is a complete game changer, and in my opinion revolutionises the way we listen to music. I recently had the opportunity to listen to an MQA title via the Mytek Brooklyn DAC and it sounded fabulous, right up there with 2x DSD. I was amazed how the whole MQA album was around 700MB as compared to a 2GB 2x DSD, yet the MQA had amazing detail and plenty of air around the instruments. I dont expect Devialet to implement MQA ever considering they dont even want to bother with DSD. As a Devialet owner I feel disheartened by the lack of progress made by Devialet with regards to streaming. Although a software solution could be implement for MQA as stopgap measure, but it remains to be seen how this will work out.