Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Tidal streamer?
(20-Dec-2015, 20:21)Morten Wrote: Yep, only one dealer...

Where do you live in Denmark?

Vest jutland... Ringkøbing.... Not a lot of hi-fi dealers here..  Smile

You?
(20-Dec-2015, 20:24)EPhilP Wrote: You could try one of the new Google Chromecast Audio devices using optical out and streaming from TIdal running on an iOS or Android device. It only costs about €35 euros so might be worth a go.  I've just ordered one to try with Qobuz. I have no idea why DAC-less streamers cost so much...

I dont Think that Tidal Can be used with chromecast yet?
Close to Køge

The dealer is located closer to you than I am, I guess he will give you a home demo, otherwise you where welcome to drop by to se it in person.

Best regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
I will check out this Aurender...

Or else i am looking on a bluesound node 2.. It is cheap and people say it's a decent player.. I just dont want any weak links... Then rather save a box.. But it must be better than a AirPort Express..
Here's a link to a video on YouTube showing how Tidal can be streamed via Chromecast.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UfygXym0Ypw
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(20-Dec-2015, 22:05)PhilP Wrote: Here's a link to a video on YouTube showing how Tidal can be streamed via Chromecast.

and this will work with ipad and iphone?

and it would be the chromecast that would be the "player" so that it doesn't drain the ipad batteri?
(25-Dec-2015, 21:28)TDA Wrote:
(20-Dec-2015, 22:05)PhilP Wrote: Here's a link to a video on YouTube showing how Tidal can be streamed via Chromecast.

and this will work with ipad and iphone?

and it would be the chromecast that would be the "player" so that it doesn't drain the ipad batteri?

This is how I use Bubble upnp to stream Tidal to my Aries in the case with chromecast this becomes a render in the network. If Devialet get upnp support one can use the Devialet as the render and the controller on your tablet directs the stream to the amp. The tablet only controls what is playing the stream does not go throug the tablet.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Somebody in here which are using the simaudio Moon neo 180 mind? And how is this as a tidal streamer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The last Moon app has Tidal integrated.
Did not try yet. I was hoping for Qobuz one
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
I have ordered one and will soon find out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk