Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 9.0.1
I was hoping for 9 to bring some new functions.....maybe it could do the laundry, vaccum or something usefull, that would be a MAJOR upgrade Smile
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

How about the addition of a new Expert series unit like for instance the Original D'Atelier !! does that not make it major for Devialet - oh and the people that have bought the OA unit ?
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
No I want Tea and Coffee making facilities and a cider delivery mechanism !!!
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(22-Dec-2015, 08:21)Borgen Wrote: That is implicit in the version number, at least to me it is. Previous major version was 8, now they stepped up to 9. The norm is to use a scheme as in <Major>.<Minor/ service pack>.<bugfix>
This is really some kind of fake ... releasing another major firmware version to make things look "progressing" ... and on the inside it's just 8.1.4 :-(
At least they could have easily included some of the minor improvements that are mentioned in this forum and elsewhere. Especially as there was enough time - but now it's fare more obvious that resources and energy has been mainly put on Phantom / sales ... and no longer trying to satisfy existing customers and improving things.
Of course there will be an update at High-End / Munich but I'm sure something that goes hand in hand with Phantom - and is luckily also elibable to work for expert users too.
the new ihm file is much smaller than the old one, so they have optimized the code. I also think that there is now more bass energie. But that needs more listening.
Well the major feature is support for l'Original d'Atelier.
Few are concerned. Still major IMO.
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
There could have been a fairly large code re-write or support for forthcoming features not yet enabled. Who knows apart from the keepers of the source code?
It's interesting that Devialet appear to have provided lots of information relating to the recent Phantom updates, but virtually no information regarding the Expert 9.0.1. Maybe there's simply not much to say regarding 9.0.1?
Info is listed in the manual which is in the same zipped file. Basically the same as listed in the Configurator page.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I will wait to try this upgrade anyway ..... I am currently using 7.13 as a little less harsh IMO
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England