Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone run with full range high efficiency speakers?
After testing a dozen or so speaker, in one of my listening environment which small, I've been most impressed by full range drivers coupled with some subwoofers.  These full ranger drivers in the upper 90+db efficiency so they don't really need a lot of power, but they respond very well to QUALITY power.  With the right drivers and configurations, they can be very transparent, fast, deep in soundstage and musical (a subjective term) which approaches a bit of the electrostatic panel but with a much wider soundstage which is important for multiple person listening. 

Generally, many of owners of such speakers very much like SET tube amps. I can be 'magical' - to use another subjective term.  I know, completely different from Devialet's topography.  However, I am curious. 

A question - any of you here use the Devialet amps with high efficiency single drivers? 
Any comments about synergy? What's the sound you get? 

The ideal dac/amp would be an all in one unit that ALSO provides low pass and high pass filters for subs and the full range drivers.  It seems that the D200 does exactly that.  Am I right? 

Thanks in advance for any help in understanding this.
(21-Dec-2015, 20:16)MountainGuy Wrote: The ideal dac/amp would be an all in one unit that ALSO provides low pass and high pass filters for subs and the full range drivers.  It seems that the D200 does exactly that.  Am I right? 

That's right, assuming you're using the pre-amp output to drive the sub(s).

In fact, filters for the main speakers can be configured differently depending on whether or not the pre-amp output is enabled, and the pre-amp output can be toggled on and off by assigning this function to a button on the remote control.  That makes it very easy to switch backwards and forwards in real-time between a full-range, main-only configuration, and a sub-plus-main configuration with the D200 doing the cross-over.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Thanks remarkable. Thanks for the confirmation. Sounds perfect.

I see you have DSpeaker. Have you tried Dirac?

And keep the comments coming...Smile Love to hear anyone who run with high efficiency full rangers. Thanks.
Yes, I tried Dirac a while ago. I liked it but found the DSPeaker a more convenient way of doing the sub-woofer correction.

Sorry I can't help you much re high-efficiency speakers...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Thank you thumb5
Here's an old 6 moons review where the had a D Premier driving a Pnoe with very good results.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/devialet2/3.html
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I have a pair of zu soulsuperfly mk1b. High efficiency speakers 101db. Full range woofer. I enjoy them.