Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System based around 120
I'm looking for recommendations for a system based around the Devialet 120. Suggestions please for small stand mount L/S and CD transport, mains cable and speaker cable. Budget is value for money, say up to £3000.00 for L/S and CD. I have a wide musical taste, but in particular I like artists such as Keith Jarrett, Eva Cassidy, Guy Garvey, Arvo Part.
Boenicke, Mola Mola, Hi Diamond, fidata, Lumin, AQVOX, SteinMusic, Bybee, toetapaudio
As a starting point, take a look here!

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...light=ls50
Thanks, Confused.

Looks like a choice between Atohm and LS50's for my budget. Anyone done the comparison? Thoughts?
Boenicke, Mola Mola, Hi Diamond, fidata, Lumin, AQVOX, SteinMusic, Bybee, toetapaudio
Ideas on CD transports would also be appreciated.
(22-Dec-2015, 20:58)Robert Wrote: Ideas on CD transports would also be appreciated.

That's a big question!  Although as a suggestion, the Cyrus CD t.  A fine transport, and you are not paying for a DAC that you don't need or want with a Devialet.  There are probably dozens of other options though.
Another thought, the AES input to the Devialet is considered to be the best of the connection options. There are a few players around with AES output, some of the Roksan units for example.
Hello, Le 120 hasn't got AES input.
Tweaked Mac Mini + Audirvana - Bridge ethernet - Metrum Ambre with RopieeXL - Coax - D120 - Mulidine Cadence
Cables : TWL Digital American - Coax cable : l'atelier acoustik - Ethernet : Monoprice cat5 UTP - Speakers : Duelund 16 awg
(22-Dec-2015, 23:26)Baldoun Wrote: Hello, Le 120 hasn't got AES input.

Oops!  Yes, you are absolutely correct.  Thanks for correcting my error, facts are good!
(22-Dec-2015, 20:57)Robert Wrote: Thanks, Confused.

Looks like a choice between Atohm and LS50's for my budget. Anyone done the comparison? Thoughts?

LS50 is great. Big Grin
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

And try the Technics SB C700 too. Looks like an LS50 wannabe but according to Stereophile it's 'better'.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/techn...8DTjEGb.97
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.