Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New configurator
(30-Dec-2014, 13:34)f1eng Wrote: I have used nothing but Safari for configurator files since the on line configurator was launched soon after I bought my second unit.
The only problem I had was an inability to download the slave config file for the dual mono D-Premier after downloading the master, since the back button went to the wrong page. This was on the very first version of the on line config and I did a work round in Safari myself, but the bug was fairly promptly fixed.
Other than that Safari has worked perfectly for me for both firmware and config for years.
I have not changed firmware since the 7.1.1 update or configuration since July though.
The "This is not your config file" error is pretty recent. I used to be able to view my configs in Safari, but I've never been able to download them with Safari. I've always had to use a different browser for that.

I'm so used to things not working on different sites, I always try a different browser first.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(30-Dec-2014, 13:38)Eddye Wrote:
(30-Dec-2014, 13:34)f1eng Wrote: I have used nothing but Safari for configurator files since the on line configurator was launched soon after I bought my second unit.
The only problem I had was an inability to download the slave config file for the dual mono D-Premier after downloading the master, since the back button went to the wrong page. This was on the very first version of the on line config and I did a work round in Safari myself, but the bug was fairly promptly fixed.
Other than that Safari has worked perfectly for me for both firmware and config for years.
I have not changed firmware since the 7.1.1 update or configuration since July though.
The "This is not your config file" error is pretty recent. I used to be able to view my configs in Safari, but I've never been able to download them with Safari. I've always had to use a different browser for that.

I'm so used to things not working on different sites, I always try a different browser first.

I am pretty surprised by this.
I do have Firefox, but have only needed to use it once because Safari did not work, but that was not with Devialet. With Devialet I have always been able to download firmware and Air software files and create and edit config files.
About the only thing I do which some may not is to run Onyx weekly, but mainly since I no longer leave my computers on 24/7 so the Unix maintenance scripts are not always run otherwise. I have the impression that running Onyx also cleans "something" which causes dropouts in Air.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I use Chrome for most of my daily internet activities including downloading the config files on my Yosemite based Mac. So far no issues on my end

Maybe clear your cache and temporary files to see if there's something not clearing out or refreshing properly Huh

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
I' m usinig on my Mac only Firefox. Haven't any experience with Safari. Greatings Dirk

Sent by iPad
On the subject of ongoing frustrations with the online configurator take a look at this image. This is an Android app for configuring the new Mola Mola class D amps that are getting rave reviews. 

I mean how much easier would that be?  Rolleyes 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(23-Jan-2015, 18:03)GuillaumeB Wrote: On the subject of ongoing frustrations with the online configurator take a look at this image. This is an Android app for configuring the new Mola Mola class D amps that are getting rave reviews. 

Guillaume

Sweet and simple is all we ask for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(23-Jan-2015, 18:31)amabrok Wrote:
(23-Jan-2015, 18:03)GuillaumeB Wrote: On the subject of ongoing frustrations with the online configurator take a look at this image. This is an Android app for configuring the new Mola Mola class D amps that are getting rave reviews. 

Guillaume

Sweet and simple is all we ask for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually, something that actually works would be helpful Huh .

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Guillaume

That would be nice!
Particularly if it worked as well as the configurator did at launch 3 years ago...

OTOH that is just for the Mola Mola phono stage not any of the other bits (a Devialet like Mola Mola system would be 4 boxes).
I fear generating the Devialet configuration may well be a couple of orders of magnitude bigger than this.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire