Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New configurator
(16-Oct-2014, 17:19)chrish Wrote: Have problems with Configurator on Mac. Nearly always get "There was an error generating your configuration file.....". Find this tool a pain to use. Doesn't seem to save correctly, or it just decides to wipe your settings and start fresh without telling you. Urrrrrr.

I had the same problem with Safari (Maverick). I tried Firefox and...no problem.
Devialet 800. Dynaudio Focus 340. Transparent MusicWave Super speaker cable. Rega P3 turntable. Naim NAT05 XS with Flatcap XS.
I believe Devialet are looking at some bugs in the Configurator. With respect to the above point, something to do with user Caches or similar.
Yes there has been a limitation on it for weeks now. Better they solve it fully than issue a half baked fix, and anyone really needing a config can apparently ask Devialet direct and they will try to do it.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(17-Oct-2014, 08:27)IanG-UK Wrote: Yes there has been a limitation on it for weeks now. Better they solve it fully than issue a half baked fix, and anyone really needing a config can apparently ask Devialet direct and they will try to do it.

Hi Ian, What do you mean by "a limitation" I think I know but I'm not 100% sure! I have to agree though, it would be nice to get some robust fixes. Although it looks like the Devialet guys have a lot on their "to do" list at the moment, with Configurator issues, white noise, new Mac OS / AIR compatibility and so on........
(17-Oct-2014, 09:42)Confused Wrote: Hi Ian, What do you mean by "a limitation" I think I know but I'm not 100% sure! I have to agree though, it would be nice to get some robust fixes. Although it looks like the Devialet guys have a lot on their "to do" list at the moment, with Configurator issues, white noise, new Mac OS / AIR compatibility and so on........
Yes, Devialets to-do list is getting a bit long. It also wouldn't hurt them to update their support website. It seems they're growing a bit to fast for them to keep up.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Perhaps we should start a "Devialet To-Do list" thread.

:-)

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
(17-Oct-2014, 09:42)Confused Wrote:
(17-Oct-2014, 08:27)IanG-UK Wrote: Yes there has been a limitation on it for weeks now. Better they solve it fully than issue a half baked fix, and anyone really needing a config can apparently ask Devialet direct and they will try to do it.

Hi Ian, What do you mean by "a limitation" I think I know but I'm not 100% sure! I have to agree though, it would be nice to get some robust fixes. Although it looks like the Devialet guys have a lot on their "to do" list at the moment, with Configurator issues, white noise, new Mac OS / AIR compatibility and so on........

The config in dual mono would not work if you wanted stereo pre-out.

If you go to the advanced configurator, select an 800, set up chaining but not shared sources, then you lose the general and remote tabs.

However I have finally found a work around.

Do the above then remove the companion unit. The general and remote tabs reappear.

Then add a companion unit. The general and remote tabs remain.

Set up chaining but not shared sources again and the general and remote tabs remain.

I've let Devialet know as they had not worked this out themselves. But they do need to find a proper solution.
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

England
Hi Ian,

This is interesting. For me, I have not tried to use a pre-out. However, the coax socket that I have selected on the companion as a CD input just happens to be one that you would normally use to configure as a pre-out. So it is possible that our configurator issues may be related. When I get some time, I'll try the configurator again but selecting a different input on the companion.
Seems to work a lot better in Chrome on Mac, by the way.
(20-Oct-2014, 12:07)Confused Wrote: Hi Ian,

This is interesting. For me, I have not tried to use a pre-out. However, the coax socket that I have selected on the companion as a CD input just happens to be one that you would normally use to configure as a pre-out. So it is possible that our configurator issues may be related. When I get some time, I'll try the configurator again but selecting a different input on the companion.

You could try the same work around as worked for me? They should have sorted this by now - it is eight weeks!
MacBook Pro (with Air)

England