Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DD system
(28-Dec-2015, 12:36)style Wrote: Hello,

very nice system.

The D200 was not enough for the new B&W?

Sorry but I'm no a Devialt owner -> you can usa a cd player and use the dac present into the player i nplace from the Devialet-Dac?

thank you & congrats!

greets style

I'm guessing your question is, can you use the DAC of a CD player instead of the DAC in the Devialet. The answer is no but it needs some explanation. The Devialet has analog inputs that get converted to digital through its DAC before is't converted back to analog again, so when you use a CD player's DAC you are in fact doing a (digital to analog in the CD player) to (analog to digital to analog in the Devialet) conversion. That said, if you have a specific sound signature in your CD player, the Devialet's conversion is clear enough to show you the CD-player's signature. Smile

Hope that helps
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Hi Style!
Thanks a lot for your compliments!
At the moment I use one D200 and the sound is great but not excellent.
Off course could be enough for the new B&W but the idea is that to put another D200 and use D400 system.
I tried with the italian distributor (magnificent person) to add the D200 in my home and the result is much better that one D200.
I use the Devialet DAC with TIDAL, I don't use the CD player.

Bye and thanks again!!
                                                                                          DD SYSTEM
                  SPEAKERS : Bowers Wilkins 802 D3 ---- ELECTRONIC : Devialet 200 (upgrade to Devialet 400 -2016-)
                            SOURCE : Aries Auralic ----- LOADSPEAKERS CABLES : Straightwire Crescendo 2*2,4mt
                 SOURCE CABLE : Audioquest USB Carbon ----- POWER : Ps Audio AC3 ---- REMOTE CONTROL : Ipad Mini

Quote:I'm guessing your question is, can you use the DAC of a CD player instead of the DAC in the Devialet. The answer is no but it needs some explanation. The Devialet has analog inputs that get converted to digital through its DAC before is't converted back to analog again, so when you use a CD player's DAC you are in fact doing a (digital to analog in the CD player) to (analog to digital to analog in the Devialet) conversion. That said, if you have a specific sound signature in your CD player, the Devialet's conversion is clear enough to show you the CD-player's signature. [Image: smile.gif]

Hope that helps
Hi,

the point is with the Devialet i not important what for cd player you use?  -> a Esoteric K03x give you the same sound like a simply "Oppo1 05"? (will be used as transport at the end is correct?)

if I go into the Devialet with the analog rca (xlr are not present in the Devialet) is used always the Dac from the Devialet or "only" if I connect my player via coax or analog cable is a "simply" transport.

I hope you can understand my question.

-----
I had B&W802d2 in the past an they need power (not only watt but too damping factor) and sure another d200 can give you a lot of pleasure.

the Italian dealer...well you are in Europa -> France?

Thank you very much

Best rgds
style
(29-Dec-2015, 12:44)style Wrote:
Quote:I'm guessing your question is, can you use the DAC of a CD player instead of the DAC in the Devialet. The answer is no but it needs some explanation. The Devialet has analog inputs that get converted to digital through its DAC before is't converted back to analog again, so when you use a CD player's DAC you are in fact doing a (digital to analog in the CD player) to (analog to digital to analog in the Devialet) conversion. That said, if you have a specific sound signature in your CD player, the Devialet's conversion is clear enough to show you the CD-player's signature. [Image: smile.gif]

Hope that helps
Hi,

the point is with the Devialet i not important what for cd player you use?  -> a Esoteric K03x give you the same sound like a simply "Oppo1 05"? (will be used as transport at the end is correct?)

if I go into the Devialet with the analog rca (xlr are not present in the Devialet) is used always the Dac from the Devialet or "only" if I connect my player via coax or analog cable is a "simply" transport.

I hope you can understand my question.

-----
I had B&W802d2 in the past an they need power (not only watt but too damping factor) and sure another d200 can give you a lot of pleasure.

the Italian dealer...well you are in Europa -> France?

Thank you very much

Best rgds
style

Dear Style.
It's very important which CD player use.
If you use a ESOTERIC K03 of course that is not the same like use the CD player of 200 USD...The Oppo is good Player but for me is much better Esoteric.
If you connect the CD player to Devialet with analog rca you use the Esoteric DAC but if you use the optical digital out you use Devialet DAC and use Esoteric just like transport.
It's very difficult to say which is better.
Both are excellent electronics and the only thing that you can do is try.
I live in Italy and there is a distributor.
I'm out for work, when I will come back at home I will buy the new D200.
Also the new 802D3 has need power  

Wink
                                                                                          DD SYSTEM
                  SPEAKERS : Bowers Wilkins 802 D3 ---- ELECTRONIC : Devialet 200 (upgrade to Devialet 400 -2016-)
                            SOURCE : Aries Auralic ----- LOADSPEAKERS CABLES : Straightwire Crescendo 2*2,4mt
                 SOURCE CABLE : Audioquest USB Carbon ----- POWER : Ps Audio AC3 ---- REMOTE CONTROL : Ipad Mini

Very nice & Clean look .
I never liked the original B&W !!!!! But and it a big but .....
To my opinion the 802 D3 one of the best speakers on the market today .
It big step of B&W new technologies , new materials ......more impotent NEW SOUND !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sel-EoCEeC4

Its on my upgrade list .

I must agree the 400 will do good .
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

Hi,

the new D3 series is a really step up. new "Marlan head", new "tweeter", new technoogy .....a lot of $$$ in searching....

At today I have the Wilson Sasha2 but if you go see pirce/performance the B&W is alwayson the edge!

I have lsisten Devialet and I like it: now I have a "big" system Passlabs pre & monos plus player, music server..... = a D4000 will be perfect! All in!

A extra D200  sure great choice: in monos or you go in bi-amp to the B&W?

You buy a "extra 200" without "control"? (another D200 with remote control or the "expanse" version?

For the player is used bie coax is not very important what you go use....a transport layer lie the Oppo sound good....sure a "tpo tramsport system" (read Esotric) can give you a little more "pleasure" but the price from a Esoteric (ex. K03x) is the same in $$$$ vs. sound quality from a cd player at the half Esoteric player?
(maybe a system Philipls from the top)?

Thank you
ghiradelli
Rooncore (macmini) - RoonAir(Ethernet) - Devialet 200 - Manger P1 /
Delos Lyra - Bauer DPS - Devialet 200 - Manger P1 
Hi Guys,
I bought the new loadspeakers cable, Nordost Frey 2.
There is more detail than Straightwire also if the last one was perfect with Mcintosh electronics.
Soon the pictures..
Wink
                                                                                          DD SYSTEM

Nice setup. Always like the look of B&W Diamond serie, especially the new D3, but a 802D3 + D200 is too much money for me, så I have 2 Phantom Silver. Have you compared these two system?
(08-Jan-2016, 00:22)mixart Wrote: Nice setup. Always like the look of B&W Diamond serie, especially the new D3, but a 802D3 + D200 is too much money for me, så I have 2 Phantom Silver. Have you compared these two system?

Thanks a lot Mixart!
I've always had the loadspeakers like Bowers Wilkins, Martin Logan, Wilson (...) but I think for the quality price and innovation the Devialet Phantom are perfect.
I will try the other Devialet 200 soon in my set up, I want wait for the ranning-in period of the 802D3.
The sound improves every day listening music Wink
                                                                                          DD SYSTEM