Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LP12 vs EAT C-Sharp
Hi Guys, at first Merry Christmas to you all!

I'm thinking of upgrading my turntable. I want to spend my money well and by a turntable "for life". For around 3000-3500 euro you can buy a Linn LP12 or a EAT C-Sharp new. Pro's for the LP12 is that there is plenty of choice on the second hand market.
The turntables look really different but i love both. I didn't get the time to listen to one ore another yet.
What would you guys advise?
Any other turntables i should consider?
Anyone heard both turntables and want to share their experience?

Thanks.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
You really need to demo to be sure. A trip to somewhere like Cymbiosis near Leicester in England would be well worth your while.

I run a pretty high-end LP12 so I'd be biased to that option - but I've heard the Rega P8 on several occasions and been very impressed. You *might* squeeze an ex-dem RP10 in the UK for £2500 somewhere which I am sure is better again.

The LP12 needs very careful setup, if you don't have ready access to someone who can do this (e.g. Cymbiosis) I'd go for something more plug and play like the Rega. Certainly budget for this (£200/€280) if you buy it.
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
If i buy a new or second hand LP12 i do this in a store were experts are working and they install the LP12 at my home. Any thoughts on the EAT?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
Sorry, no!
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
Tried some second hand LP12's yesterday and i'm blown away. The timing, the accuracy, the feeling...amazing.
LP12's can sound surprisingly different depending on the config. After using the Ekos as the arm for some time I was fortunate to get an Aro at a good price along with an ex-dem Aro Keel. Together, they are an amazing combination - I would highly recommend you try to hear one as I think it transforms the sound to an amazing degree.

Good luck with the search!
Dublin, Ireland