Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet AIR prevents computer sleeping on Windows
Running Windows 7 Ultimate with AIR 2.1.2. Computer won't sleep if AIR is running and connected (not greyed out). I guess this is a feature rather than a bug. To sleep the computer I need to put the Devialet into standby first. I find this a tiny bit of an unnecessary complication though. Anyone worked around this or am I being over fussy?
Since you ask ... Smile. I think this is proper behaviour by Devialet. As long as you play music, your PC has a 'server'-function so it should not go in power saving mode. Once the Devialet receives no data on a channel for a period, it shuts down. This timeout period can be set via the configurator. If the Devialet is 'off', AIR disconnects and the PC can use it's powersaving features.
The trouble starts if ones disables the automatic sleep function of the Devialet (as I do). Even in this situation, my PC (Win 2012) goes to sleep if I don't select 'always stream' etc. in the AIR client.

You could - as a safety-feature - use auto shutdown from Wise (free) on all Windows-machines. Our machines reboot and then go to sleep every night at 01.00AM, except in Friday and Saturday night. The reboot is scheduled before sleep to make sure that there are no surprises after a power-cut. It forces me to automate the boot cycle or repeat the same actions again and again.
I'm now looking for a solution to integrate a QNAP NAS but it's a bit more complicated to make sure that the NAS is fully operational before the Windows machines start to wake up.
Sleeping would be a trouble while listening however try to shut the screen off... Especially if you are using a laptop, and disconnect the charger... Do these while listening to see if you can hear the difference ...
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
Perhaps if AIR is running and connected, it would be nicer for it to automatically disable itself when the computer was going into sleep mode?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK