Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Speaker Cables
(21-Sep-2017, 21:33)Finn Wrote: Anybody use wireworld speakercables  the  model eclipse 7  pure copper cables ,or have Tried before becorse i look that Way . Regards Finn From Denmark.

I have a friend who has the Confidence C4 Sig & uses Straightwire Crescendo 3 with very good results

btw - its a really thick cable
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Another friend uses the Contour S5.4 with Cardas Golden Reference speaker cables (3 metres) and a Plinius SA-250 amp. The overall sonics is warm and rather lethargic ... its probably the Cardas Golden Ref cables bcoz it won't be the Plinius amp. Hope this info helps.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
I believe its the Plinius

Στάλθηκε από το ALE-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
(25-Sep-2017, 13:45)audio_engr Wrote: Another friend uses the Contour S5.4 with Cardas Golden Reference speaker cables (3 metres) and a Plinius SA-250 amp. The overall sonics is warm and rather lethargic ... its probably the Cardas Golden Ref cables bcoz it won't be the Plinius amp. Hope this info helps.

Cardas Golden Cross was also warm and almost like one had wet blankets over the speakers. Compared with Crystal Cable: 5 - 3.
Tidal --> New brand streamer/dac/preamp --> InterM R500Plus monoblocks --> Intelligent Sound Double 12 --> fractal cables --> La Suède
(25-Sep-2017, 13:45)audio_engr Wrote: Another friend uses the Contour S5.4 with Cardas Golden Reference speaker cables (3 metres) and a Plinius SA-250 amp. The overall sonics is warm and rather lethargic ... its probably the Cardas Golden Ref cables bcoz it won't be the Plinius amp. Hope this info helps.

I had Plinius 103 and Kaitaki combination. Quite open and energetic sound. Warm and lethargic, that is Cardas, model Clear is another story.
Melco N1A, Valhalla Pow.C.-FTA usb,-D200,Chord Sarum Super Aray Pow.C.-Chord Sarum T Speaker C.(Nordost Frey2)-Harbeth 40.2, (Magnepan 3.7).
(21-Sep-2017, 00:18)audio_engr Wrote: The Redwood cost is prohibiting me to get 'em ... will have to go with the OAK !! And hope for the best ...

Hey, I gotta call from Audioquest Customer Service .. they gave me such a 'sweet deal' for the speaker cables with a blanket 50% discount that just made me realise its a one-time Grandma's deal of a lifetime so I headed the REDWOOD way ...  

P.S. :  I'm still waiting to see what's the future with my ambition to use AQ Diamond as Devialet LINK RCA-AES cable that ain't working & now in the hands of AQ to figure it out ...  i m told they sent some RCA-AES cables with an Engr to Devialet ...
Great to read you're getting the REDWOOD Arup, look forward to reading your impressions when you get them in your setup, they are quite thick and heavy from memory, might be a 2 person job to install them! Oh and if I ever decide to upgrade from my OAK, I'm getting you in to do the deal!
Kii Three & Kii Control. Aurender N100. VPI Prime Turntable with Benz micro Glider SL cart. RCM Sensor2 Phono stage. PS Audio P5 power regenerator.
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Just wanted to share my brief impressions on Audience 24 SX speaker cables. I think these cables have brought significant improvements to my system. I got a used pair on Audiogon couple of weeks ago which has jumpers built in. These replaced AP Oval 9 and Acoustic Zen Satori which I was using interchangeably.
The sound has opened up significantly with much wider soundstage, the top end has extended as well with lot more air. But most of all, the decay of notes sounds no natural. Piano actually sounds like a piano now. All the boxes are checked as far as image, instrument separation, soundstage, bass control, decay etc. I think this upgrade was at par with expert to Pro upgrade or even slightly better in my system.
If you can get a loaner, I highly recommend you try it in your system. I think I can actually pick this cable in a double blind test with the other 2 cables I mentioned. I wish I had these cables since they were released.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1