Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 200 - Overheating
I have just had an unpleasant experience, I believe my Devialet 200 overheated and may have burnt some components. I was playing some music at relatively high level (-10 db, but loud recording, no clipping as far as I can tell). After playing for approx 30 minutes the Devialet started to smell of burnt electronics. I immediately turned off the music, but the smell is still quite significant in the room and from the unit.

When checking the status, the 3 temperature readings were all below 41 degrees.

The unit has been updated the firmware 7.1.1, and still appears to work, but obviously this can not be good and I am going to contact my dealer. I wonder if it is related to the "temperature management" change in the latest release....
That sounds ominous...
My 200 has not shown above 41C with the latest firmware update but the heat coming off the top, particularly in the recent warm summer weather that's now gone seemed fairly excessive to me. I've actually resorted to putting some large aluminium heatsinks on top of it, which I got off a Chinese seller on eBay! Whether it made a difference or not I've no idea, but the top of the heatsinks are pretty warm to the touch so some heat must be being transferred.
Jens - I hope your dealer gets it sorted for you. Please report back and let us know. Fingers crossed all is well.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(22-Aug-2014, 18:41)Rufus McDufus Wrote: That sounds ominous...
My 200 has not shown above 41C with the latest firmware update but the heat coming off the top, particularly in the recent warm summer weather that's now gone seemed fairly excessive to me. I've actually resorted to putting some large aluminium heatsinks on top of it, which I got off a Chinese seller on eBay! Whether it made a difference or not I've no idea, but the top of the heatsinks are pretty warm to the touch so some heat must be being transferred.

Could you send a link ? I actually considered modifying a PC water cooler.

Thanks !
Hi - I bought a couple of these. I'll include a picture as the link will probably break at some point in the future.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321199970078?_...EBIDX%3AIT
I got the largest ones I could find (300x140x20mm). I bought two, and sit them left and right with a gap in between so the display is still visible. I guess the Class A amp section is right in the middle (?) so maybe not benefitting 100%.
It probably doesn't make much difference but didn't cost much. These heatsinks are quite rough and ready and I needed to file the burrs off the edges and I sanded the contact surface with metal paper and T-Cut to polish up a bit.

[Image: zcSYHPM.jpg]