Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qobuz UK at last
Received an email from them this morning. They finally have a UK site - no more struggling with rusty, sub-O'level French.

Qobuz UK
GorbeSE/SME 309/DV XX-2 & Roon Rock (NUC) > D400 > Wilson Benesch Vectors
(23-Aug-2014, 10:42)SteveO... Wrote: Received an email from them this morning. They finally have a UK site - no more struggling with rusty, sub-O'level French.

Qobuz UK

and they have a special 50% discount on your first order!
Here in Holland too. I'm going to browse the 24bit catalogue over the weekend, and see if I find something to take advantage of the 50% discount.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
I'm pleased to see Qobuz launch in the UK, and am generally well disposed to this (and to Linn's efforts). However, the terminology they use is problematic. All 24-bit files seem to be called "studio masters", whether they were originally recorded and mastered in 24-bit format or not. Linn do the same. It is, frankly, more than a little misleading.

This is how Qobuz try to explain their policy: "These albums are an identical reproduction of the original sound supplied by the studio from the mixing desk and as such offer an unparalleled listening experience. Better than CDs (which are generally "reduced" for mastering to 16-bit/44.1 kHz/s)." This is misleading in two ways: 1. It implies that the files were originally mixed in 24-bit format; this is patently false in the case of much of the back catalogue, which was mastered on analog desks. 2. It wrongly implies that most CDs today are recorded and mastered in 16-bit format, whereas the norm today is 24 bits.

Rant over.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London