Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ipad with Devialet
Hello

Is it possible to connect an ipad with devialet using apple camera kit? Have some of you tried?

Thanks!
No I don't think so,

The camera kit is designed to go from peripheral (camera) to iPad (Pretending to be a PC).

The easiest way would be to use AirPlay and attach a Airport Express (With WiFi disabled if possible) via optical digital.

AirPlay streaming is 16bit lossless so quite reasonable.

Cheers,

Rik (Must detail his system here - if only to be ridiculed)
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
(24-Aug-2014, 08:27)Wallard Wrote: Hello

Is it possible to connect an ipad with devialet using apple camera kit? Have some of you tried?

Thanks!

Hi,
If you want play tracks you have on your iPad, the easiest way is selecting My Music in the Devialet App (has to be installed on iPad) and switch the Devialet's input to AIR Wifi. Then you can stream from iPad to the Devialet.
Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria
(24-Aug-2014, 11:39)beerman Wrote: Hi,
If you want play tracks you have on your iPad, the easiest way is selecting My Music in the Devialet App (has to be installed on iPad) and switch the Devialet's input to AIR Wifi. Then you can stream from iPad to the Devialet.

Beerman,

that's brilliant - I never knew you could do that!

Do you know what the limitations are on file types and resolution? Is this documented anywhere?

Thanks,

Philip
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(24-Aug-2014, 12:02)PhilP Wrote:
(24-Aug-2014, 11:39)beerman Wrote: Hi,

Beerman,

that's brilliant - I never knew you could do that!

Do you know what the limitations are on file types and resolution? Is this documented anywhere?

Thanks,

Philip

I don't know that for sure, but I think the common file types and (high) resolutions must be possible (depending on wlan power). There is a topic at devialet's support site at the computer as a source section, but it is not explained what file types are possible. Try it out!
Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria
I can second use of the wireless/Air, I have been using it since it first became available. No files that play on the iPad haven't played on the Devialet so far.
Not sure how easy it is to find documentation on the Devialet web site.
I gave up on their web site when it was "upgraded" to the new marketing based web site and I could no longer find any technical details on it.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Ok, I tried a few different resolutions and replay of CD-quality (and 24/44.1) recordings is fine but when I try to synch hi-res AIFF (24-bit 88.2k and 96k) files from the iMac to my iPad I get the message - failed to synch file because the sample rate is not supported on the iPad. So the limiting technology seems to be the iPad - maybe the same 48k limit as with AirPlay? anyway, that's not really a problem, I have plenty of CD-quality music Smile

I haven't tried to listen in any great detail but superficially the sound quality is very good.

I agree that its quite difficult to find technical information on the Devialet site which is unfortunate given that they don't really provide a user manual Smile

Regards,

Philip
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Thanks for informative answers. Just one more question, can you use streaming services like spotify, qubuz and wimp through my music, on the devialet app? since wimp and qubuz offer 16/44 streaming. Thanks!

To phil. I know there are some musicapps that can import 24/96 to ipad, but cant remember the name of them.
(24-Aug-2014, 21:15)Wallard Wrote: Thanks for informative answers. Just one more question, can you use streaming services like spotify, qubuz and wimp through my music, on the devialet app? since wimp and qubuz offer 16/44 streaming. Thanks!

To phil. I know there are some musicapps that can import 24/96 to ipad, but cant remember the name of them.

The Denon app supports higher res IIRC and will upsample if you think it worthwhile. I think higher res than CD needs an in app purchase.
I have used mine with the camera kit into a Chord Hugo and 'phones, but haven't tried it with the Devialet. I can't see why it wouldn't work that way though and higher res than Air if you wish.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(24-Aug-2014, 21:15)Wallard Wrote: Thanks for informative answers. Just one more question, can you use streaming services like spotify, qubuz and wimp through my music, on the devialet app? since wimp and qubuz offer 16/44 streaming. Thanks!

So if I use an app that can import hi-res (24/96) files (like FLAC Player, VLC for iOS or Capriccio) then I should be able to play them wirelessly at full resolution using My Music on the Devialet app. I will try it tomorrow but from previous experience with Apple won't be at all surprised if the files are down-sampled to 24/48 Smile.