Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions Wanted - Best Sounding Firmware & How To Access Copies
I am a newbie to the Devialet components.
I am very happy with the 400 and will soon be upgrading to the 800.

I have read different opinions about the sound differences between the
V9.0.1, V8.1.3 and V7.1.3 firmware releases.  My guess is that there may be some
other releases out there too that are recommended.
Please post your opinions and what you are hearing that is different.

I just upgraded from V8.1.3 to V9.0.1.
Like others who have posted elsewhere, I do not hear any difference so far
though I need additional time with more of my go to recordings.

I was not smart enough to save V8.1.3 for future use if needed.
I have not been able to find a link or a way to download V8.1.3 or 
V7.1.3 (which I would like  to try per other posted recommendations).
Can someone direct me to a link or process that will allow this?

If not, is there a way that this can be shared between Devialet owners?
Unless you're unhappy with what you've got I'd strongly suggest avoiding that whole minefield of firmware shuffling...... Wink

Generally each new firmware has its own thread here with huge amounts of info and comparisons that you can trawl through. As you'll see there are sometimes common themes, but as it's subjective and system dependent, there are also big variations in opinion.  

If you venture there, good luck. Smile

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

9.0.1 is the best I've heard in my short history as a D200 owner.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Hi Bob,

Link to Rufus post with old firmwares [#375]

Straight link to download area
If you PM me I can email you what I have, all in one folder from when my 200 was still a 170. Enough to keep you busy for a weekend or two Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
This would be an interesting poll!

My favorite firmware: 7.1.3

The airiness, the large soundstage and the warm & musical highs and mids are it's highlights for me.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
I know of somebody who swears by v5.7.3 (iirc) but that may only work on a D-Premier.

I have just updated as they came along, personally.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire