Poll: Attributes
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Innovation/technical excellence
34.24%
63 34.24%
Physical design
14.67%
27 14.67%
Flexibility and simplicity (configurator, dual mono)
16.85%
31 16.85%
Non obsolescence (releases via EVO)
13.59%
25 13.59%
Individual customer service
1.09%
2 1.09%
Equipment reliability
3.26%
6 3.26%
Marketing and general communication
0.54%
1 0.54%
Delivering on promises
0%
0 0%
SAM feature
11.96%
22 11.96%
AIR feature
3.80%
7 3.80%
Total 184 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet's best attributes
1. Innovation & Technical   I just love things that push boundaries rather than constantly rehashing the way it's always been done.
2. Design. It's probably why I bought it if I'm honest, and if other brands had as good looking a design, I'd probably have moved on.
3. Non obsolescence. This a tricky one as I actually haven't liked newer firmwares and very few of the features that have come since purchase haven't been of any interest to me. But that may not always be the case, and it's still a great idea and good for resale etc. I do think they could have really done a lot more, but I suppose it's time and money. Ultimately I think them not using FPGAs for the DA will make it obsolete sooner, but I could be wrong.

I didn't vote SAM as I don't like it all the time, and don't like v2 on my speakers, but it would have been joint third. I think technical excellence sort of covers what I like about it.

Devialet would usually have to pay good money for a feedback survey like this. I hope they read the best and the worst, celebrate their successes, and then spend a lot more time dealing with the shortcomings.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<