Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New system with Devialet ?!?!
Hallo,

I'm in Switzerland.

At today my system is pre and monos from Passlabs (Xp20 & XA100.8), Wilson Audio Sasha2, music server GrandiBote VOLTA with a Synology DS214play and a Oppo for movie...

I will change the Pass "combo" with a D200 or D400. the Sasha2 is a great speaker but I have listen Devialet & Wislon in a sstem with SAM. Without SAM sound better! it's possible?

in the past i had the B&W802d2 and the new D3 sereies sound very very fine! -> repace the Sasha2 with  B&W83D3 or 802D3....(my room is long around 9meter and large 6meter BUT the system is placed in the 6 meter and not on the 9 meter ong...= 2/3 hifi system and 1/2 a table for diner&co.)

I have too the PMC als speakers in my mind: 
- at the end a complety new system with a  Devialet D200 with the Sasha2 (and i think is enough a D200 with the Sasha2 -> laer a extra slave 200 maybe....))
- Devialet D400 with B&W803de (B&W will /need more "power" vs. Wilson)
- Devialet D200/400 with PMC MB2se

a cd player if I have correct understand the "Devialet think" can be a Esoteric K07x (via coax  = transport) or too a "unexpensive Camdbrige 851" ( I have a lot of cd disc at home and i love again open the cover and play with the disc....
The GrandiNote Volta music player is a extra..a Ipad to controll all but a cd player and maybe a turntable is too "fashion"without time....

Please can you give me your opinion / point of view / other "speakers" they match with Devialet......

Start at firt with the Devialet and than go with new speaker? ( B&Wor PMC?)
cd player : a Cambridge 851 or a Esoteric k07x/Accuphase Dp410 ? (is well possible is a Dac present into the cd player in place from the Devialet Dac correct?)

another question:

D200 pls a "slave200" or is better have 2 "main D200? -> sell 2x D200 "main" will easy vs a slave 200......sorry I hope yu understand what I will say...

Thank you very much

Best rgds
stylke
i would start with a single 200 first , buy another normal 200 if you need it.
I can tell you that some speakers might sound better without SAM or with very small amounts of SAM.. my speakers are not sammed and in all likelyhood will never be, they do not need it at all.. they are full range speakers capable of stupendous bass without SAM.. I use offboard digital signal processing to "correct" them..DIRAC.

You have a big room , your choice of speakers is very open to you..I cant tell you what to buy , that depends on your taste , the music you play , how loud you want to go , room treatments , how your room reacts to bass and so on.
You ALWAYS start with the room and speaker first , then get the amp to suit.

Just about any CD player with digital out will work , you *might* get some very small improvements using a better transport.. will be very small if any.
The 200 will allow you to use just about anything as a source , a computer , turntable , cd player , whatever...

Apart from speakers , the 200 is a very good value building block for a top notch system .. you would have to pay a lot more to get good components if you went separates.
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
stylech

In order to save some money in the future i would suggest you to go straight for D-250 , its a half way to D-800 that im sure eventually you'll be there and performance that you'll get from D-250 will be noticeable better right away.

When i had D-200 i placed my Diamond's 802 for sale week after i bought them , i couldn't listen to music , sound was bright and thin, i blamed the speakers of course.
Then i moved to 2x200 and then D-250 which gave me major upgrade in SQ, i started enjoy the music and sound in my system Smile
Shortly after, i got opportunity to purchase another D-250 for a good price and now i see how 802 Diamond revealed its potential with D-800.

Regarding speakers, here on forum a couple of people have Sasha2 and they all successfully paired them with Devialet and like it very much .
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
(05-Jan-2016, 17:40)stylech Wrote: Hallo,

I'm in Switzerland.

At today my system is pre and monos from Passlabs (Xp20 & XA100.8), Wilson Audio Sasha2, music server GrandiBote VOLTA with a Synology DS214play and a Oppo for movie...

I will change the Pass "combo" with a D200 or D400. the Sasha2 is a great speaker but I have listen Devialet & Wislon in a sstem with SAM. Without SAM sound better! it's possible?

in the past i had the B&W802d2 and the new D3 sereies sound very very fine! -> repace the Sasha2 with  B&W83D3 or 802D3....(my room is long around 9meter and large 6meter BUT the system is placed in the 6 meter and not on the 9 meter ong...= 2/3 hifi system and 1/2 a table for diner&co.)

I have too the PMC als speakers in my mind: 
- at the end a complety new system with a  Devialet D200 with the Sasha2 (and i think is enough a D200 with the Sasha2 -> laer a extra slave 200 maybe....))
- Devialet D400 with B&W803de (B&W will /need more "power" vs. Wilson)
- Devialet D200/400 with PMC MB2se

a cd player if I have correct understand the "Devialet think" can be a Esoteric K07x (via coax  = transport) or too a "unexpensive Camdbrige 851" ( I have a lot of cd disc at home and i love again open the cover and play with the disc....
The GrandiNote Volta music player is a extra..a Ipad to controll all but a cd player and maybe a turntable is too "fashion"without time....

Please can you give me your opinion / point of view / other "speakers" they match with Devialet......

Start at firt with the Devialet and than go with new speaker? ( B&Wor PMC?)
cd player : a Cambridge 851 or a Esoteric k07x/Accuphase Dp410 ? (is well possible is a Dac present into the cd player in place from the Devialet Dac correct?)

another question:

D200 pls a "slave200" or is better have 2 "main D200? -> sell 2x D200 "main" will easy vs a slave 200......sorry I hope yu understand what I will say...

Thank you very
Seek out some one with a pair of Gallo Ref. 3s. Although inexpensive you might be in for a shock what the Devialet will do through them. I auditioned a pair of 200 driving a pair of Wilsons; I prefer my Gallo. These speakers I can't say enough good things about them. With the Devialet 250 they sound as if they don't exist.
Devialet 250 Pro, Marantz SA-11 S2, Dell 2T HDD/250 SSD/24GB Mem.,using Fidelizer Pro software with JRivers. Hyperion 968 speakers. Cabling consists of Nordost Heimdall 2 power cables to all components with Nordost Qx4 inline to Devialet, all other wiring are Nordost Valhalla. I am tri-wiring the Hyperion 968s. 
 Less is More, more or less
(06-Jan-2016, 11:48)Stigmater Wrote: Then i moved to 2x200 and then D-250 which gave me major upgrade in SQ,  i started enjoy the music and sound in my system Smile

Stigmater, so you found a 250 to sound better than a 400?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I would wait a few months.
There are rumors going on about an upgraded D400 [D400 plus] or some hardware upgrade for other models as well.
Only rumors though, nothing official yet.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
The 250 is a superior design to the 200. I have one 250 which could be for sale (3+ years warranty, I live in Paris). Send me a pm if interested.