Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any music album recommended for late night listening
Ambient is your friend!
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Any Antonio Forcione albums.
Aimee Mann-Lost In Space blew me away last night with its fantastic production coupled with brilliant songs.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Thanks for the feedback.

These suggestions are enough for me to try out on Tidal, hopefully most of the albums are available.
Nevertheless, i welcome for more suggestion.

I happen to try out some Antonio Forcione's albums (Meet Me in London, Heartplay) last night. Will spend time on his albums.

Agnes Obel music seems something special.
440 Pro, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 Digital cable, Plixir Elite BAC 3000 Power Conditioner, Plixir The Statement Balanced Power Cord
Rega RP10, Melco N1-S38, Melco S100 Audiophile Dataswitch, ADOT MC01, Diva Audio & 7N-4030 Leggenda Power Cords, Plixir BDC LPS, Habst Ultra III USB cable, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 AES/EBU cable, Mutec REF 10, Habst Digital BNC cable
Vivid Giya G4, Acrolink 7N-S1400 Leggenda Speaker cables
PSI AVAA C20 Active Bass Trap
bFly-audio Master, Cube, b.Disc Absorbers
Artnovion Andrea Absorbers
having a listen to Agnes Obel too ....absolutely magical voice
thanks guys for the suggestions, will be trying a few others out soon
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
Yes, she has a lovely voice. If you like this and don't already know Emilíana Torrini you might enjoy some of her stuff too ("Fisherman's Woman" would be my recommendation to start with).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(09-Jan-2016, 18:59)thumb5 Wrote: Yes, she has a lovely voice. If you like this and don't already know Emilíana Torrini you might enjoy some of her stuff too ("Fisherman's Woman" would be my recommendation to start with).

thank you thumb Big Grin
looking forward to giving Emilíana Torrini a listen too
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
Agnes Obel - Aventine a truly stunning album and thanks for the recommendation
I like Ane Brun and Agnes Obel was always recommended next to her on Spotify yet I still overlooked her.
Not any more!
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I know this is titled Album music and have a large digitized library to play from but I find I really enjoy playing Paradise Radio at highest quality, (320K ACC), and the mix this private radio station provides is phenomenal.

There is times to be able to play some albums but too often not and PD fills those spots! 

Bob
250 Pro Master, Siltech Anniversary Silver Interconnects and Speakers cables, LINN Majik Streamer, Arcam D37 SACD, Mac-mini with Kazoo, JRiver and tested Roon, Speakers, custom build, SEA Exotics, Chord Hugo, HifiMan H1000's. (home is Vancouver, Canada)
(08-Jan-2016, 18:32)Sharone Wrote: Hi folks,

Due to my work and family commitment, i often only left with late night (after 11pm) to enjoy listening music from my audio system. I end up listen to Jazz piano trio, solo, classical sonata music in order not to disturb my dear neighbours.

Any good recommendation, free feel to post

Some recommendation from me:
Any Bill Evans album
Tord Gustavsen Trio/ Quartet albums
Marcin Wasilevski Trio/ Quartet
Charlie Haden & Kenny Barron- Night & City
Charlie Haden & John Taylor- Nightfall
Keith Jarrett- The Melody at Night
Fred Simon- Dreamhouse
Anouar Brabem- Le Pas Du Chat Noir
Charlie Haden and Pat Metheny- Beyond the Missouri Sky
Hi Sharone,
"Mostly Coltrane" by Steve Kuhn and more specifically the first track "Welcome".
This can set the mood for a good session !
Btw Thank you for your recommendation.
Bruno

Auralic Aries g2.1 / Chord Qutest / CLEARAUDIO Blackmotion - cartridge Clearaudio Virtuoso V2 mm/  /Gryphon Diablo 300 / Blue jeans cable / Apertura Edena Evolution
Some of my favourites for late night sessions are:

Diana Krall - "The look of love"

Melody Gardot - "My one and only thrill"

Norah Jones - "Come away with me"