Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet….
Yes, terrific, and why I am a Roon lifer.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(01-Mar-2016, 09:42)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Just as a light-hearted interlude, if anyone's interested to see how a company with a polar opposite approach to Devialet work - i.e. how Roon deal with a streaming issue/bug that cropped up in their new protocol (RAAT) - this thread really is one to see…. It just goes to show what can be done with the right attitude, and makes me think Devialet could have fixed AIR issues in a heartbeat if they'd actually put any effort into it and worked with the Devialet community more proactively..

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roonrea...build/8290

i quite enjoyed that as you did Steve
its great to see honestly and a real willingness to improve rather than protecting egos and denial of faults
breath of fresh AIR ...so to speak Wink
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
Don't forget to contact/email Devialet in regards to Roon support. Make this year, our year. We have momentum, we have the numbers. Your message could be the tipping point.

I am leaving an ethernet cable ready and waiting by my Devialet.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I agree with continuing to lobby them. Based on the quote from Danny at Roon, Devialet may not even have to do anything to incorporate RAAT, Roon would be happy to support AIR within their own software (assuming they can make it work reliably), they just need some information and cooperation.

"Native AIR support is something we'd love to do, but we need Devialet's cooperation to do that"

Come on Devialet, how hard is it?
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(03-Mar-2016, 09:39)Chris Marshall Wrote: I agree with continuing to lobby them.  Based on the quote from Danny at Roon, Devialet may not even have to do anything to incorporate RAAT, Roon would be happy to support AIR within their own software (assuming they can make it work reliably), they just need some information and cooperation.
….

Sadly, that wouldn't help many of us, but it would be the start of a relationship at least….

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I read the thread yesterday. This is how it should be done! Brian Luczkiewicz at Roon is a real star. Impressive!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(03-Mar-2016, 13:47)ogs Wrote: I read the thread yesterday. This is how it should be done! Brian Luczkiewicz at Roon is a real star. Impressive!

+1

That`s the way to do things.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

This process of Devialet preparation cannot be that difficult.

I have an Antipodes DX and they are incorporating all the Roon bits in the Antipodes box. It just needs a compliant USB connection.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(03-Mar-2016, 18:25)IanG-UK Wrote: This process of Devialet preparation cannot be that difficult.

I have an Antipodes DX and they are incorporating all the Roon bits in the Antipodes box. It just needs a compliant USB connection.

I also think that if Devialet wanted to do this that would not be so difficult for them, and with the help of ROON they would either get Devialet to function with RAAT or get the AIR solution to work properly and integreat that with ROON......for gods sake we have been to the Moon how hard can it be to get this to work, Devialet just swallow your pride and get over it and make us Expert owners happy and proud to own a Devialet.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(03-Mar-2016, 18:21)octaviars Wrote:
(03-Mar-2016, 13:47)ogs Wrote: I read the thread yesterday. This is how it should be done! Brian Luczkiewicz at Roon is a real star. Impressive!

+1

That`s the way to do things.

another +1. Also a Roon lifer, wishing I'd never 'invested' in Devialet AIR
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3