Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'RoonReady' not coming to Devialet….
Have just sent a request to Devialet support for them to at least talk to Roon about RAAT and Roonspeakers, suggest everyone else try the same.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
can somebody explain ? im not a computer man Sad

i have set up roon on my imac ,and downloadet the app on my ipad
did set the audio to system audio output,then start Roon on my ipad and play

then enable My Dev ETH…..and it plays good as anything else ??
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
(11-Jan-2016, 23:10)Womaz Wrote:
(11-Jan-2016, 23:06)Antoine Wrote: I've written it many times before (no offense) a standard off the shelf computer will sound better using AIR than USB. However USB can easily surpass AIR in quality after optimizing a PC. Unfortunately the/a NUC isn't really suited for this. A CAPS style PC for example is.

A new SonicOrbiter has just been released by the way, the SE. It's based on a low power Cubox. I've experimented with a Cubox i4Pro in the past and it sounded good though not as good as my custom music server.

Would you class the Melco products as a CAPS style PC?
I think the SQ matches AIR but it's hard to compare property as AIR is now in the past for me.

I don't know the Melco from personal experience but in a way most music servers are similar in that they use optimized hardware (like low noise USB interfaces, high quality clocks, multiple separate power supplies to isolate certain components etc.) and software/operating systems. In the beginning brands like Aurender used simple off the shelf low power computer mainboards (they do develop their own purpose built mainboards nowadays) and some still do.

They're not all the same of course and some are better than others but every time I see a new streamer/music server being introduced I always Google for pictures of the insides and most of the times I see ordinary computer parts, sometimes combined with proprietary stuff like power supplies or output boards but in their basis they are using a similar recipe. And of course there's more than only the ingredients, that's why it takes so much time to make it sound great in a DIY fashion unless you follow a well documented recipe like the public CAPS recipe. Although also even there, there are many things that can be improved upon. There's many forums on which people do little more than discuss new experiments and tweaks. Smile

Some people, of course, just want a turn-key solution and I don't blame them. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(11-Jan-2016, 23:32)Antoine Wrote:
(11-Jan-2016, 23:10)Womaz Wrote:
(11-Jan-2016, 23:06)Antoine Wrote: I've written it many times before (no offense) a standard off the shelf computer will sound better using AIR than USB. However USB can easily surpass AIR in quality after optimizing a PC. Unfortunately the/a NUC isn't really suited for this. A CAPS style PC for example is.

A new SonicOrbiter has just been released by the way, the SE. It's based on a low power Cubox. I've experimented with a Cubox i4Pro in the past and it sounded good though not as good as my custom music server.

Would you class the Melco products as a CAPS style PC?
I think the SQ matches AIR but it's hard to compare property as AIR is now in the past for me.

I don't know the Melco from personal experience but in a way most music servers are similar in that they use optimized hardware (like low noise USB interfaces, high quality clocks, multiple separate power supplies to isolate certain components etc.) and software/operating systems. In the beginning brands like Aurender used simple off the shelf low power computer mainboards (they do develop their own purpose built mainboards nowadays) and some still do.

They're not all the same of course and some are better than others but every time I see a new streamer/music server being introduced I always Google for pictures of the insides and most of the times I see ordinary computer parts, sometimes combined with proprietary stuff like power supplies or output boards but in their basis they are using a similar recipe. And of course there's more than only the ingredients, that's why it takes so much time to make it sound great in a DIY fashion unless you follow a well documented recipe like the public CAPS recipe. Although also even there, there are many things that can be improved upon. There's many forums on which people do little more than discuss new experiments and tweaks. Smile

Some people, of course, just want a turn-key solution and I don't blame them. Smile

Thanks for the detailed reply. I had to sort of rush things to find my solution to AIR and I was a litle cynical about what the Melco actually did, I thought it was just a hard drive in a fancy case. I was pleasantly surprised when I heard it in my system. So whatever they do ....it worked for me
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(11-Jan-2016, 18:24)Antoine Wrote: I'm curious to the answer of Roon though but I suspect their RAAT is also made for Linux only (besides Windows and OS X)

I agree with Antoine here. My guess is that RAAT is not too much code and should be quite easy to port to what ever platform Expert amps run. It is also important to remember that the IP stack is already there so you'd only need  the protocol code.
Would be embarrassing for Devialet if RAAT worked flawlessly and AIR didn't though. The new Sonic Orbiter or upcoming  microRendu, both from Sonore is probably one of the best workarounds.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
For what it's worth, I've also sent a request to Devialet asking them to work together with Roon -- either to get it working properly with AIR, or to implement the Roon protocol natively in the Expert range.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(11-Jan-2016, 22:07)mdconnelly Wrote: ...
Since I absolutely do want to stream Roon to my Devialet and do so at the highest quality, I'm now looking into the SonicOrbiter SE which can serve as a Roon RAAT and then stream to the Devialet via USB.   That seems like a very slick solution - anyone doing that yet?    …

It's so new I don't think there's any feedback on it yet, via RAAT or as a HQPlayer NAA (which it is also optimised for, among other things) - not that I've seen anyway and I've been avidly reading this week.  Very little traffic even on ComputerAudiophile so far, where Sonore have a 'base'.

Sonore have a pretty good reputation on the hardware so far as far as I understand. But I wish they'd give a better idea when the microRendu is being released, and its approx price point, to help decide whether to wait for that or not.

Other than that the Auralic Aries is the only current RoonReady option, but give it a week or two and we should see a few more.

Interestingly Melco and Aurender weren't on the CES list, but both have said unofficially they're adopting it.  The Roon guys did say 'a lot more to follow'. I guess manufacturers want to make sure they can get it to work before they announce….

No answer from Roon about hardware yet.  Even if its impossible for the Experts, they should add it to the Dialogue so Phantom users can take advantage if they want to.  But until someone says it categorically cant be done, I'm going to keep the faith.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Received this reply from Devialet, possibly more positive?

Devialet Support (Devialet)
Jan 12, 07:49
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your message.
We indeed have similar feedbacks from clients.
We don't have fixed news or plans at the moment for this but this topic is discussed internally at Devialet;
Should we have any announcement on it in the upcoming months we will of course let everyone know.
Please feel free to get back to us if you have any questions.
Best regards,
Océane Turpin
Customer Care
For more information, please visit our support site Devialet Support
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
That's a good start. Let's see if it materializes.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

What are the benefits of Roon?
I own a Meridian Sooloos Control 15 and I believe Roon is what Sooloos 3 would have been had everybody not expected the update to be free...
Anyway, the things Sooloos does (perhaps) well, such as suggesting a new song to listen to based on what is playing currently, are of no interest to me and the things I consider critical, such as useful tagging, ease of finding the work I wish to listen to, and playing each movement one after the other, it is the poorest of all that I have tried so far. I stopped using it months ago and should sell it I suppose.
If anybody can tell me what I am missing I will add my request to Devialet but at the moment I am not interested in Roon.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire