Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympica II vs Harbeth vs Egglestonworks
Hi Guys, not to long ago i was listening to a demo Linn LP12 on Devialet 200 with Harbeth Super HL5 Plus. Ik was really impressed by this speaker. The natural sound really attracted me. Now my dealer says the smaller Harbeth Monitor 30.1 is even better. Anyone experienced both speakers?
My dealer also says that the Egglestonworks Dianne signature is an amazing match with de Devialet. One of the best he ever experienced.
Anyone got already the chance to audition one of these speakers en would like to share his thoughts?
I really like natural sounding speakers and the Harbeth got in my head sinds my LP12 demo. Damn those demo's!
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
Egglestoneworks Isabel looks a better speaker? It's also a two way but would have a better bass response I would think. Also try Beonicke W8's.
Boenicke, Mola Mola, Hi Diamond, fidata, Lumin, AQVOX, SteinMusic, Bybee, toetapaudio
I used to own two Harbeths - the P3ESR and later the Monitor 30.1. My experience was that both sounded very impressive at first listen and even for a few months, but over an extended period of 9-12 months, they proved boring/bland. I found them accurate speakers that were too polite for me. They were sold and replaced by speakers from ProAc and Spendor which to my ears are more exciting and musical.

I have to qualify the above by adding my Harbeths were not paired with Devialets but instead Naim amps and I have not heard the new Super HL5 Plus which is supposed to be quite good. As the saying goes "YMMV''.

Good luck!