Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD Card
Heard some rumours that Devialet were considering repurposing the SD card support to allow playback of content, now that it is theoretically possible for firmware updates to be provided via Ethernet.

If the high-capacity SD card format ever takes off (current specs allow for 2Tb of storage, but currently only available, I think, to a max capacity of 512Gb), this could be interesting. All your music on an SD-sized card - no router, no NAS, no AIR, no IP addresses and all that other stuff that we have to manage. And just think what this could mean for portable and car audio ....
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
That would be amazing! Hope it becomes reality.
The rather eccentric-looking Lessloss Laminar Streamer looks like it'll use SD cards.
http://www.lessloss.com/laminar-streamer...p-207.html
That is very interesting. Does make sense to use it for something other than firmware updates. We are working on a project at the moment where the Devialet units are being used as room amps and not in the most accessible locations. Would be very handy to be able to update the firmware via ethernet.
(30-May-2014, 08:56)dannyBCN Wrote: That would be amazing! Hope it becomes reality.

Can't agree more with that, I hope it too! Aside from let and speaker cables, eventually the network cable for streaming and updates. What else could better the minimalistic/performance ratio?
I'm sure the capacities quoted above are only for SDXC card format. It's likely the Devialet is only SDHC if it was only intended for firmware and config files. Just like with IR remote control though, I'm disappointed in such trivial savings in a multi-thousand euro amplifier!
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.