Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cracked Phantom
Just wanted to add to this thread tracking this issue. I noticed that my Silvers have also developed the yellowing. But I now just noticed the same hairline crack in almost the exact same area on one of mine. At first i thought I must have received them this way, but I had taken photos of them upon delivery and they were perfect. I just have no idea when the crack developed. So i will contact support and see what options they present me. It's almost 12 months that i have had them.

Edit: FWIW mine had the teal blue handle with love stickers on both units. I read others had red similar stickers...not sure if that helps isolate any particular manufacturing time.
What's a 'teal blue handle' and 'love stickers'? I never had stickers like on mine - apparently I did not get my money's worth? Kidding obviously but wondering about the 'teal blue handle'.

Thanks!
*the red sticker is normally the one that give the cracked problem, because in starter production, reds sticker was placed too early in the fabrication process and give this cracked problems...
(10-Dec-2016, 03:27)MountainGuy Wrote: What's a 'teal blue handle' and 'love stickers'?   I never had stickers like on mine - apparently I did not get my money's worth?  Kidding obviously but wondering about the 'teal blue handle'.

Thanks!

The red sticker says "Do not handle" and the blue sticker says "Handle with love".
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
Update to my situation: Received my replacement Silver Phantom today via FedEx. Very pleased. Antonin was especially helpful and responsive. I'm now boxing up the cracked model for shipment back to Devialet.
P.S.: No stickers of any kind on this one. Updated (square, not circular) turquoise-colored "Phantom Start" documentation and a "How to Use Spotify Connect" handout that wasn't in my first Phantom Box.
(12-Dec-2016, 20:59)Tboy Wrote: Update to my situation: Received my replacement Silver Phantom today via FedEx. Very pleased. Antonin was especially helpful and responsive. I'm now boxing up the cracked model for shipment back to Devialet.

This is excellent to know. I just received contact from Devialet support about my issue and they confirmed they will replace it. I just wasn't sure (until now) if that meant sending back mine first, or if they would advance-ship a replacement. Glad to know Devialet is doing the right thing.