Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cracked Phantom
(04-Jul-2016, 10:04)fleenhar Wrote: I have a Phantom for more than a year now, and I also noticed the yellowing on both side of my Phantom.
Do you know how to take care of it?
Do you know if devialet can replace just the plastic part? Or is the support doing anything?
I contact them, I will keep you inform.

Wir pure (100%) alcohol on a paper towel you can clean the yellowing. I use alcohol sold for wound cleaning. No need to have replaced the plastic shell. Anyway, a new shell would not last long until it gets yellow again. White is a delicate colour, but the yellow stain can be cleaned and the Phantoms look almost new again.
Devialet support recommends normal glass cleaning fluid and a soft cloth to clean the yellow stain. Works like a charm.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(04-Jul-2016, 11:00)streamy Wrote:
(04-Jul-2016, 10:04)fleenhar Wrote: I have a Phantom for more than a year now, and I also noticed the yellowing on both side of my Phantom.
Do you know how to take care of it?
Do you know if devialet can replace just the plastic part? Or is the support doing anything?
I contact them, I will keep you inform.

Wir pure (100%) alcohol on a paper towel you can clean the yellowing. I use alcohol sold for wound cleaning. No need to have replaced the plastic shell. Anyway, a new shell would not last long until it gets yellow again. White is a delicate colour, but the yellow stain can be cleaned and the Phantoms look almost new again.

Thanks, worked perfectly.
Yellow ring ! One reason why I am waiting for a black version.
White is always a delicate tint !
How do you clean the silver panels? Mine are covered in fingerprints and other marks. Sorry if this is OT!
(05-Jul-2016, 15:02)James007 Wrote: How do you clean the silver panels? Mine are covered in fingerprints and other marks. Sorry if this is OT!

Put your finger at the back end of side panel (next to the "T" of "DEVIALET" or the "P" of "PHANTOM", depending on the side) and press, the front will slightly pivot and you will be able to remove the side plate for cleaning.
Just tried this and it's very easy. I wonder who will be the first person to buy a gold Phantom, swap the plates with a White one (since they both have white speakers) and try to sell off a White Phantom as a Gold Phantom.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
The tweeters are not the same, so hopefully the scam will be noticed Smile
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Just a (super late) update. Devialet support was super helpful. They had me send it back to France and then sent me a brand new one. The only downside was that I was without my Phantom for about 2 weeks. 

-Jasper
I have the same issue with cracks on both my Silver Phantoms Sad. There is a crack on each speaker basically in the same area. Because of this, I am sure it is a manufacturing defect. I have sent pictures to the shop from where I bought the speakers a few months ago and they would forward them to Devialet.

[Image: Unknown.png]
[Image: Unknown-1.png]