Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cool remote
(04-Sep-2017, 20:12)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I was getting pretty excited about the release of this, so checked in on the kickstarter page as they were releasing around now.

Struggling to find any reviews or anything, I found quite a few posts there from fairly p'd off backers upset that the project had been delayed once, and now they're saying 2018 (May estimated). The official update says hit a few technical setbacks with prototypes.

So who knows if we'll ever see it. I hope so, I think it would be pretty cool, but it seems like maybe they'd bitten off a bit too much for a v1.

Did anyone here back it? Seems like they raised about $1.5M
 Yupp, I backed it but I am not part of the pissed off users. I have a Logitech harmony remote and am happy with it. The sevenhugs remote just looked better from a design perspective with similar features, so I am fine with waiting.

On top I am Roon user, for which I am using a tablet or mobile phone. Unfortunately, harmony does not understand non IR commands, but apparently, the sevenhugs remote will (according to a chat I had with the founders). So hopefully I can also control room with it ?
I was tempted to back them, but I'll sit on the sidelines now and see how far they get by 2018.

It's such a cool device on paper, and looks beautiful, so I hope they get there - for your sake obviously I hope they do.

Yeah, it would be a great Roon controller! But Roon's extensions architecture seems pretty beta still - maybe they'll catch up by the time the remote comes out Smile

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<