Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold sound
(30-Jan-2016, 14:27)PeterH Wrote: Hi TDA,

It will be interesting to hear what comes out of the Audiovector visit. I hope you can share your experiences here.

Best regards,
Peter

Hi Peter

Yes i will let you know. My room could be the problem. Break in could be the problem. We will see.

Great service from audiovector. You can't put a finger on that
(30-Jan-2016, 23:00)TDA Wrote:
(30-Jan-2016, 14:27)PeterH Wrote: Hi TDA,

It will be interesting to hear what comes out of the Audiovector visit. I hope you can share your experiences here.

Best regards,
Peter

Hi Peter

Yes i will let you know. My room could be the problem. Break in could be the problem. We will see.

Great service from audiovector. You can't put a finger on that

Short update..

had some time yesterday to listen to some music and the sound has suddently improve over the last 2-3 days... the sound is now warmer and more open.. instruments are more seperated.. there is a more calmness over the sound..

for the first time yesterday i got goosebumps over a recording.. and that was from TIDAL streaming. Even the wife came into the room asking " what have you done"..

so something is happening these days.. not perfect yet but improving.. IT'S ALIVE!!!!
That does sound promising! I might add, and others will vehemently disagree in the concept, that the Zero speaker cables I have took ages to sound good as well. Fortunately I had them new at a different time to my Audiovector speakers so it was fairly obvious they needed running in.
It was worthwhile as I've not tried a better speaker cable in my system yet and don't intend on selling them any time soon. OK I've not tried many others, mainly a selection of Transparent and Nordost and there probably are better sounding ones out there. I've been meaning to try Ansuz with my speakers for instance for a while.
(01-Feb-2016, 11:10)Rufus McDufus Wrote: That does sound promising! I might add, and others will vehemently disagree in the concept, that the Zero speaker cables I have took ages to sound good as well. Fortunately I had them new at a different time to my Audiovector speakers so it was fairly obvious they needed running in.
It was worthwhile as I've not tried a better speaker cable in my system yet and don't intend on selling them any time soon. OK I've not tried many others, mainly a selection of Transparent and Nordost and there probably are better sounding ones out there. I've been meaning to try Ansuz with my speakers for instance for a while.

well it now SOUNDS more promising.. hard to explain but it's like se sound doesn't sound stressed.. more calm and relaxed.. and warmer..

but not perfect quit yet.

Even the Analog input has warmed up ( i have a thread where my TV sound sounds like crap)..

so thanks Rufus for all the support :-)
Hello all,

my system is now 3 weeks in and it is a completely other system now. Suddently the harsh highs has dissappered - Like over night - and the bass got much more tighter. The dynamic of the sound also improved. I have a test track that the amp couln't play. the fast kickdrum was blurred and muddy but now the sound is more seperated and has opened up.

the sound has also warmed up. A more warm sound now. not perfect but MUCH MUCH better..

i see the potential now..
(09-Feb-2016, 15:14)TDA Wrote: Hello all,

my system is now 3 weeks in and it is a completely other system now. Suddently the harsh highs has dissappered - Like over night - and the bass got much more tighter. The dynamic of the sound also improved. I have a test track that the amp couln't play. the fast kickdrum was blurred and muddy but now the sound is more seperated and has opened up.

the sound has also warmed up. A more warm sound now. not perfect but MUCH MUCH better..

Fantastic!  I hoped that you would get there in the end but thought you might give up.  I went through pretty much the same process almost hating my new D200 when it arrived - it sounded nothing like the demo one I had tried. It took a few weeks but then it was superb.

My suggestion - don't change anything for a few more weeks and only then try a few tweaks Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Glad to hear the sound is improving. I know it must have been difficult to trust it would improve. My system is still improving after 6 weeks, so it will get even better over the next few weeks.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(09-Feb-2016, 19:41)PhilP Wrote:
(09-Feb-2016, 15:14)TDA Wrote: Hello all,

Fantastic!  I hoped that you would get there in the end but thought you might give up.  I went through pretty much the same process almost hating my new D200 when it arrived - it sounded nothing like the demo one I had tried. It took a few weeks but then it was superb.

My suggestion - don't change anything for a few more weeks and only then try a few tweaks Smile

Hey Philp,

yes i was about to give up.. But pretty funny looking back now.. i played some songs to test the system, and the bass control was crazy. Such a tight bass. No booming any more... you could really hear the tight bass and the strength of the amp..

looking forward to hearing them improve even more. and i will not go into tweeking just now. it's not even neccesary right now.
(09-Feb-2016, 21:43)kerkhoffd Wrote: Glad to hear the sound is improving. I know it must have been difficult to trust it would improve. My system is still improving after 6 weeks, so it will get even better over the next few weeks.

thanks and thank you for the support..

yes it was hard to trust people in here, because we all have different tastes in sound. We live 5 million in my country and you don't see a Dev that often. I bought one based on one demo and reviews from the internet. Before buying i have only known dev for 14 days.

so i was REALLY scared, when the amp sounded dissapointed in the beginning. We are talking sleepless nights..

laughing at it now... and sleeping like a baby..