Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SOtM SMS-100 compatibility with Devi 120
I like to use LMS Server with the great iPeng SW since many years. Fortunately the SMS100 came and therefore also HiRes Music should be possible,
BUT
the SMS100 does not work with my Devialet 120, connected via USB. Angry There's some trouble in the communication protocol. After powering up the 120 or changing the input, USB communication get's lost.
I found some workaround with changing the SMS100 settings and after some minutes it works until the 120 goes to power save mode or I change the input...

So I know the sound could be very good.Rolleyes

Has anyone also experience with this setup ?
(I'm already in contact with the Devialet and SOtM guys , hoping for a solution)
(19-Oct-2014, 20:47)Frasup Wrote: I like to use LMS Server with the great iPeng SW since many years. Fortunately the SMS100 came and therefore also HiRes Music should be possible,
BUT
the SMS100 does not work with my Devialet 120, connected via USB. Angry There's some trouble in the communication protocol. After powering up the 120 or changing the input, USB communication get's lost.
I found some workaround with changing the SMS100 settings and after some minutes it works until the 120 goes to power save mode or I change the input...

(I'm already in contact with the Devialet and SOtM guys , hoping for a solution)

Hello

I also have a SMS-100 but I do not use it with my Devialet. SMS-100 is a fantastic device (and price is very reasonable)
The problem you mention is not due to SMS-100; it is a problem with USB and Devialet. Basically, you have to select first the USB Input and not change source….
Everybody has the same issue with USB input (I have a MacMini and Audirvana and the issue is the same)
Look at my post here

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php...er/page105

I have asked Devialet about that 6 months ago, insisted many times and never get an answer. Good luck ! Does not seem to bother them too much.
Enjoy you SMS-100 !

philoouu
I don't believe I experience these kind of issues with my PC based music server but will check later to be sure.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
May be a Mac issue but other people have confirmed it !
Interesting if it this is only Mac issue...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
(20-Oct-2014, 14:38)philoouu Wrote: May be a Mac issue but other people have confirmed it !

I´m considering purchasing a D120 and own a sMS-100. Is the issue mentioned in this thread solved?
(20-Oct-2014, 01:06)philoouu Wrote:
(19-Oct-2014, 20:47)Frasup Wrote: I like to use LMS Server with the great iPeng SW since many years. Fortunately the SMS100 came and therefore also HiRes Music should be possible,
BUT

Hello

I also have a SMS-100 but I do not use it with my Devialet. SMS-100 is a fantastic device (and price is very reasonable)
The problem you mention is not due to SMS-100; it is a problem with USB and Devialet. Basically, you have to select first the USB Input and not change source….
Everybody has the same issue with USB input (I have a MacMini and Audirvana and the issue is the same)
Look at my post here

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php...er/page105

I have asked Devialet about that 6 months ago, insisted many times and never get an answer. Good luck ! Does not seem to bother them too much.
Enjoy you SMS-100 !

philoouu

Not everybody; I have a Mac mini / Audirvana and I can change inputs and when I get back to USB it works fine. I do have a problem when I change my tv which I use as a monitor to a normal station and then back to Mac. I then need to re-start Audirvana.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
BUT

I am not using a SMS100 so my experience may not be valid for your situation. I've used various Linux based players (as far as I know the SMS100 is Linux) and JRiver on both Windows and Linux with my 250 via USB and have not had this problem.

The main reason is probably that I have disabled the 'Sleep' setting on my 250. I.e. I only let the amp go to 'Low power'. This way the USB port on the D is powered all the time.
The second factor may be that I use an Acuvox USB power supply on the D USB input.

In Linux the Devialet USB input presents itself as "card x: D20 [Devialet USB Audio 2.0], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]"
At the moment I use MPD (Music Player Daemon) and have found that I need to use "device "iec958:CARD=D20,DEV=0" to make it work. iec958 is the spdif "port" of ALSA
When I use squeezelite, which I believe is the player used with LMS on the SMS100, I use "-o hw:CARD=D20,DEV=0" and also "-r 192000". The -r tells squeezelite to run even if the sound card is not present when starting and also that the card can support up to 192000.

EDIT: the 120/200 hardware may also behave differently than my 250 when switching inputs.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(28-Dec-2014, 12:19)HOLBERG Wrote:
(20-Oct-2014, 14:38)philoouu Wrote: May be a Mac issue but other people have confirmed it !

I´m considering purchasing a D120 and own a sMS-100. Is the issue mentioned in this thread solved?
Hopefully your SMS 100 is working fine. The sound of this combination is exceptional but
neither Devialet, nor SOtM solved the USB issue. In between the SMS100 did not connect to my router. Sent it for repair - it worked for 3 weeks (I didn't shut down the device) - Now after vacation-shutdown it does not connect to my networkAngry. No idea how to proceed. Obviously there are some SW problems in the SMS100...