Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 400 Wilson Sophia 3
Hi everyone,

I have today reconfigured my D400 to Sam them with my new Sophia 3’s.

Firstly I did the version 9 upgrade on both amps which was successful.

Both amps now say Sophia 3 but annoyingly the Companion when switched off is totally blank, before it said D400 with companion above. I have tried downloading the companion configuration a couple of times but it hasn’t changed the read out.

Has anybody else had this ? The amps are both working but at this early stage i am a bit bemused by the Sam effect. Turning it on or off I am finding it hard to hear a difference, the difference is very subltle to say the least. Have I done something wrong ?
The "blank" companion screen is completely normal. One time, with a different master slave link method and earlier firmware, the companion screen used to stay on, dimmed. However, for the last year or so, the companion goes blank when in standby.

What SAM % are you running?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(26-Jan-2016, 21:24)Confused Wrote: The "blank" companion screen is completely normal.  One time, with a different master slave link method and earlier firmware, the companion screen used to stay on, dimmed.  However, for the last year or so, the companion goes blank when in standby.

What SAM % are you running?

Hi thank you for your comments that has put my mind at ease. I didn’t realise Sam was set to 0% so I have turned it up to 100% and ...............boy it is coming through now loud and clear I will probably have to turn it down but really pleased it is working now.

One more point..... when I turn on the D400 the companion doesn’t turn on for couple of seconds after the master, is this normal also ? Once on it syncs straight away with input, volume display etc.

Thanks, Paul.
Yes, the slight delay in the companion turning on is normal (at least, it happens for me too!).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Hi Paul, yes, the companion does indeed run through the start up sequence maybe a second or so behind the master. Looks like you're sorted, worry free, so time to give those Sophia's a thrashing!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(26-Jan-2016, 21:41)thumb5 Wrote: Yes, the slight delay in the companion turning on is normal (at least, it happens for me too!).

Good to know thank you for your comments really put my mind at ease thought i had configured incorrectly !
Thank you again yes I am in awe of my system at the moment need to adjust the Sam % my walls are shaking !!

All good thanks again for taking the time to post.

Cheers, Paul.
Hi Paul, my companion does the same since day one. That is to say, it lags few seconds behind the Master unit.
Since all of you are reporting the same experience, I take this as Normal.
 Deviate 800   /   PMC Fact 12  /  Clearaudio Concept MM   /  Aurender N100H   /  MacMini  Roon 
(26-Jan-2016, 19:52)egg1dog Wrote: I have today reconfigured my D400 to Sam them with my new Sophia 3’s.

Very nice combo!

What's the rest of your system, if I may ask?
(27-Jan-2016, 18:50)samurai7595 Wrote:
(26-Jan-2016, 19:52)egg1dog Wrote: I have today reconfigured my D400 to Sam them with my new Sophia 3’s.

Very nice combo!

What's the rest of your system, if I may ask?

Hi just using a cd transport via aes/ebu input on the Devialet. Very very pleased ! Will try and post pics at the weekend.