Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sonore Streamers
(09-Jul-2019, 17:21)ragwo Wrote:
(09-Jul-2019, 13:10)Confused Wrote:
ragwo Wrote:Has anyone had any luck using a MicroRendu as an UPnP Bridge on Phantom with Dialog? The MicroRendu can't find the Dialog renderer, and I hope someone has succeeded and could share some tips.

For the microRendu to work it first needs to "see" your DAC, although this can work with other devices, for example my mR will "see" my Mutec MC3+USB.

I would suggest that you post a question on "Audiophile Style".  Sonore have a sponsored area on the site, and are usually very helpful with answering questions and solving issues.

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic.../#comments

Thanks, will try over there. The UPnP Bridge mode emulates a Squeeze lite, no DAC involved. It's now kind working after reinstalling the firmware on the MicroRendu. 45 seconds of music and then silence.

This sounds very similar to an issue I had a couple years back. Unfortunately I am not sure if putting a 100 mbit hub in between the 2 components, or replacing my router, solved the problem. The symptom was 100% identical and it darn near drove me nuts!
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
(15-Jul-2019, 18:30)baconbrain Wrote:
(09-Jul-2019, 17:21)ragwo Wrote:
(09-Jul-2019, 13:10)Confused Wrote: For the microRendu to work it first needs to "see" your DAC, although this can work with other devices, for example my mR will "see" my Mutec MC3+USB.

I would suggest that you post a question on "Audiophile Style".  Sonore have a sponsored area on the site, and are usually very helpful with answering questions and solving issues.

Thanks, will try over there. The UPnP Bridge mode emulates a Squeeze lite, no DAC involved. It's now kind working after reinstalling the firmware on the MicroRendu. 45 seconds of music and then silence.

This sounds very similar to an issue I had a couple years back. Unfortunately I am not sure if putting a 100 mbit hub in between the 2 components, or replacing my router, solved the problem.  The  symptom was 100% identical and it darn near drove me nuts!
Thanks for the reply. Did you have Phantom and sorted out the problem? Even Sonore has called it busted after extensive troubleshooting. We were two people with the exact same problem but different network setups and neither of us had success.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(16-Jul-2019, 20:28)ragwo Wrote: Thanks for the reply. Did you have Phantom and sorted out the problem? Even Sonore has called it busted after extensive troubleshooting. We were two people with the exact same problem but different network setups and neither of us had success.

Searching through the dusty attic of my memory, I am almost certain that my router, and how it handled the UPnP Protocol, was the culprit. Which router are you currently using and do you have a substitute which you could try?
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
(17-Jul-2019, 18:21)baconbrain Wrote:
(16-Jul-2019, 20:28)ragwo Wrote: Thanks for the reply. Did you have Phantom and sorted out the problem? Even Sonore has called it busted after extensive troubleshooting. We were two people with the exact same problem but different network setups and neither of us had success.

Searching through the dusty attic of my memory, I am almost certain that my router, and how it handled the UPnP Protocol, was the culprit. Which router are you currently using and do you have a substitute which you could try?
I'm using Google Wifi mesh network with three nodes and three unmanaged switches and wired backhaul. Currently I have no other router available. Bubble UPnP works without a flaw.
My Phantom Voyage
(18-Jul-2019, 08:14)ragwo Wrote: I'm using Google Wifi mesh network with three nodes and three unmanaged switches and wired backhaul. Currently I have no other router available. Bubble UPnP works without a flaw.

Do you have IGMP Snooping enabled or disabled?
(18-Jul-2019, 16:32)baconbrain Wrote:
(18-Jul-2019, 08:14)ragwo Wrote: I'm using Google Wifi mesh network with three nodes and three unmanaged switches and wired backhaul. Currently I have no other router available. Bubble UPnP works without a flaw.

The network switches are unmanaged, so I don't know. The UI for Google Wifi isn't the most powerful regarding advanced settings, but it has an on/off switch for UPnP. Bubble UPnP works regardless of the position of the switch, the Sonore UPnP Bridge mode doesn't work, on or off.
My Phantom Voyage
(18-Jul-2019, 20:56)ragwo Wrote:
(18-Jul-2019, 16:32)baconbrain Wrote:

The network switches are unmanaged, so I don't know. The UI for Google Wifi isn't the most powerful regarding advanced settings, but it has an on/off switch for UPnP. Bubble UPnP works regardless of the position of the switch, the Sonore UPnP Bridge mode doesn't work, on or off.

Have you tried reducing everything from a connection perspective to an absolute minimum and testing if it then works?
(19-Jul-2019, 07:50)baconbrain Wrote:
(18-Jul-2019, 20:56)ragwo Wrote:
(18-Jul-2019, 16:32)baconbrain Wrote: Do you have IGMP Snooping enabled or disabled?

Have you tried reducing everything from a connection perspective to an absolute minimum and testing if it then works?
No, I haven't yet. Quite a hassle to move everything around and now that Danny Dulai has made an extension for Roon for controlling the Phantom volume via UPnP, the need for a working UPnP bridge isn't that big. Using an optical input and the Roon extension makes Spark obsolete. Thanks a lot for your help troubleshooting.
My Phantom Voyage
(25-Jul-2019, 13:43)ragwo Wrote: No, I haven't yet. Quite a hassle to move everything around and now that Danny Dulai has made an extension for Roon for controlling the Phantom volume via UPnP, the need for a working UPnP bridge isn't that big. Using an optical input and the Roon extension makes Spark obsolete. Thanks a lot for your help troubleshooting.

Happy to hear that things are moving in the right direction.