Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sonore Streamers
(15-Feb-2016, 21:19)thumb5 Wrote: Just wondering...has anyone tried a Sonicorbiter SE yet, or is everybody holding out for the microRendu?

Definitely a few users at the Roon forums, but I get confused which ones also frequent here!

(Actually, I see fritzcurtis - phantom owner - has just posted here about his)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Oh yes, thanks for pointing me to that thread. Looks promising!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
The SonicOrbiter SE looks to me like a standard Cubox i4Pro running some "custom" software. There is a separte thread here on setting up/ tuning the i4Pro and the sound-quality of that. I am one of those that is running with such a tuned i4Pro and I am pretty happy with the sound quality of that, even though it is not Roon but SqueezeLite. Still, I am awaiting the MicroRendu, I am intruiged by the idea of this small, simple and customized player, it should have the opportunity to play rather well.
QNAP TS219P II/ TIDAL-Hifi > Roon@mac-mini > AIR3-Cat6 > Devialet 250 > Audience AU24 SE > Gallo-3.5Ref (w/ SAM)
(16-Feb-2016, 09:30)Borgen Wrote: The SonicOrbiter SE looks to me like a standard Cubox i4Pro running some "custom" software. ….

Yes, Sonore have confirmed as much - it's all about their custom OS, which from what I understand is what its all about up to a point….

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

The price of the MicroRendu has just been disclosed: $640 USD without the power supply.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(23-Feb-2016, 02:04)Antoine Wrote: The price of the MicroRendu has just been disclosed: $640 USD without the power supply.

Ooooh, that seems like a pretty reasonable price (hopefully we can just assume it sounds good!) Wink

Any announcements on ETA?

(23-Feb-2016, 09:12)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(23-Feb-2016, 02:04)Antoine Wrote: The price of the MicroRendu has just been disclosed: $640 USD without the power supply.

Ooooh, that seems like a pretty reasonable price (hopefully we can just assume it sounds good!) Wink

Any announcements on ETA?

Just need a linear power supply on that plus Mutec MC3+ and you are good to go!

Hang on that gets you over the price of the Melco N1A... hmmm.  Angel

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(23-Feb-2016, 12:46)GuillaumeB Wrote: ….. plus Mutec MC3+ and you are good to go!

Ideally a few of them Wink

Seriously though I'm strangely hopeful that this might be the device, regardless of PS and without any other gizmo's required.

Probably deluded I know, but I can't wait for a few 'head-to-heads' once it comes out

(23-Feb-2016, 13:09)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(23-Feb-2016, 12:46)GuillaumeB Wrote: ….. plus Mutec MC3+ and you are good to go!

Seriously though I'm strangely hopeful that this might be the device, regardless of PS and without any other gizmo's required.

Probably deluded I know, but I can't wait for a few 'head-to-heads' once it comes out

I'm sure it will work perfectly well. And you can always throw in a re-clocker (or two!) at a later stage. Or upgrade the thing in a year's time!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(23-Feb-2016, 13:14)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(23-Feb-2016, 13:09)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

I'm sure it will work perfectly well. And you can always throw in a re-clocker (or two!) at a later stage. Or upgrade the thing in a year's time!

Guillaume

By the time it comes out they'll have probably discovered a new problem with USB anyway…. Wink