Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sonore Streamers
It's very little hassle to post the SD card image for download and use a free utility to burn the image to the existing card. I've done it 3 times now on the sMS-200 as I was playing with provided test updates.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

I have 3 mates with MicroRendu, none of whom would be able to burn a new SD card themselves. What do they do? I don't think that $20 dollars to post an SD card to anyone in the world is excessive.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(21-Apr-2017, 06:18)NickB Wrote: I have 3 mates with MicroRendu, none of whom would be able to burn a new SD card themselves. What do they do? I don't think that $20 dollars to post an SD card to anyone in the world is excessive.

Pay $20 dollars and get the card shipped.  Just don't make every customer have to do the same.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

is there any interest in MicroRendu if AIR 3 works nice for me ?
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
(25-Apr-2017, 15:31)jfp Wrote: is there any interest in MicroRendu if AIR 3 works nice for me ?

I have tried the microRendu and Mutec in my system with Roon and I sold it and went with AIR instead when it got relaiable to me there was little differences and less boxes, cables, PSU and other stuff to worry about. 

This is in my system and my opinion so dont get it wrong in other case the microRendu or a Sotm SMS 200 could be a better solution.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(25-Apr-2017, 15:31)jfp Wrote: is there any interest in MicroRendu if AIR 3 works nice for me ?

There are plenty of answers to this question if you read back through this thread.  For me, I would not say that the microRendu is an improvement over AIR, and any differences that can be discerned are very small.

However, unlike @octaviers earlier post, I think that the microRendu together with the Mutec MC3+USB is an improvement over AIR.  Of course octaviers is right when he says this is system dependant.

Also, it is worth mentioning that there are many reports now stating that the SOtM sMS-200 is a little better than the microRendu, and it is a little cheaper.

Finally, the SOtM sMS-200 'Ultra' is soon to be released and I think it might be worth waiting to see how well this performs.  So if AIR 3 is working nice for you, I would recommend you wait a few weeks until a few folk have tried the sMS-200 'Ultra'.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I do belive the combination microRendu and Mutec had better sound than AIR at that time I tried it but not by much so AIR was more to be able to only run Roon/AIR at that time and no extra boxes, cables and PSU to worry about.

Perhaps if I tried it again today I would decide to use a SMS-200 with a Mutec and power it with a Paul Hynes PSU if it do sound better.

The SMS-200 Ultra is a thing I have in mind but is the only thing that it has better clocks and what does these clocks make for difference if I use a Mutec after that re-clocks the signal and ships it out via AES?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

I think you are right guys.
I have read about the 200 ultra (cost 1200 $...)
Each component has its goal : I have an ETALON ISOLATOR for the ethernet to be clean. The Mutec3+ is a signal converter. You could add a perfect switch too https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?...4#pid60864 and so on...
I like the less cables and boxes (used to get NAIM) that Devialet provides.

By the way, currently trying ROON. It is stable and quicker than Audirvana to run. Sound is the same quality to my ears.
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
Well the one box solution or perhaps two box solution (computer -> Devialet) is a nice thing as the need for cables and PSU for all sorts of things is a nice thing to dont have to mess with but I understand they who wants to do that also.

Second system

The Spotify capability is great. Spotify is far superior to TIDAL for discovering music, and playing from Spotify is as easy as could be.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C