Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sonore Streamers
(13-May-2016, 09:30)Hifi_swlon Wrote: But I think I'm in the final final stage of delivery today with a notification that a charge letter has 'been issued' - and since Im not the least bit interested in waiting another two weeks for that to arrive, I tracked down a depot where its being held, and managed to get the fee (about £32) and pay over the phone.  So, should come on Monday I've been told!

My SonicTransporter is showing "Customs clearance processing complete" on the USPS.com website. I wonder how much longer I have to wait...

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(13-May-2016, 12:11)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(13-May-2016, 09:30)Hifi_swlon Wrote: But I think I'm in the final final stage of delivery today with a notification that a charge letter has 'been issued' - and since Im not the least bit interested in waiting another two weeks for that to arrive, I tracked down a depot where its being held, and managed to get the fee (about £32) and pay over the phone.  So, should come on Monday I've been told!

My SonicTransporter is showing "Customs clearance processing complete" on the USPS.com website. I wonder how much longer I have to wait...

Guillaume

This was the last thing that they showed on my package. I searched the Swedish postalservice instead with the same number and then I got more information. But perhaps you dont know who is shipping it to you in England?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(13-May-2016, 12:11)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume

About a day or day and a half after that mine changed from the above to "Payment of charges - Item being held, addressee being notified". If you use parcelforce tracker with the same number it shows the depot its being held at. If you want it sooner you can call the depot to find out the charges and pay with a card. Saves waiting for the extra step of them posting the charges to you in letter form (or sometimes they drop a card). I guess it depends on efficiency, the Regen took ages to get that notification so its worth calling IMO.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Update on Rendu challenges with Devialet. I updated the firmware on the Devialet, and tried starting up with persistent USB connection checked on and off. In either case the Devialet fails to find the Rendu and only a rebooting of the Rendu brings the Rendu back online. I've confirmed that the Rendu is on the network entire time. I'm beginning to suspect this is an issue between squeezelite and the Dev, as those of you using roon don't seem to have problems.

Any and all thoughts about what else to try are welcome. I just got the curious USB link and oh my does it sound great. I'm loath to sync more money into a coax adaptor and use that connection on the Dev.

Thanks again for all the help and ideas.
I run my microRendu as DLNA with Bubble upnp app and my Devialet connects with the microRendu from both standby and when I shut it down completely, no need for reboot.

I do sometimes get that it skips songs in the middle of one, this never happened with my Chromecast.

Have only played with it for a couple of hours but it is for shure a great little thing.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

I'd never heard of Hans Beekhuyzen or his YouTube channel before today. Maybe others have?

Anyway, no idea about his reviews - but there's a new one for the microRendu here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XRi9utNBl4

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(13-May-2016, 15:05)octaviars Wrote: I run my microRendu as DLNA with Bubble upnp app and my Devialet connects with the microRendu from both standby and when I shut it down completely, no need for reboot.

I do sometimes get that it skips songs in the middle of one, this never happened with my Chromecast.

Have only played with it for a couple of hours but it is for shure a great little thing.

And how does it compare to your previous source?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(13-May-2016, 15:38)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(13-May-2016, 15:05)octaviars Wrote: I run my microRendu as DLNA with Bubble upnp app and my Devialet connects with the microRendu from both standby and when I shut it down completely, no need for reboot.

And how does it compare to your previous source?

Guillaume

I sold my Auralic Aries a couple of months ago so I cant really say how it compares to microRendu but I felt that the Auralic was a bit bright. Now I have new speakers aswell so the comparison is hard to do.

But compared to the Chromecast the sound improved a lot. I will get some more hours on the microRendu before I will start to compare them. The thing that I first noticed is that the bass is much tighter and firmer. 

Second system

(12-May-2016, 18:45)nicoludio Wrote:
(12-May-2016, 15:23)Antoine Wrote:
(12-May-2016, 13:13)nicoludio Wrote: Interesting comparison between uRendu, Aurender N10 (&W20):

http://www.head-fi.org/t/787020/review-c...t_12575069

Seems like a huge bargain.

Thanks for sharing, very cool outcome there! Smile Happy to read he's also going for a Paul Hynes PSU like I am.

I am using the Melco N1A into digital active speakers (with USB, SPDIF and AES/EBU inputs) and it was your posts on the Mutec and Intona that got me interested in the Mutec. So, I am considering Melco > USB > Mutec > AES > speakers.

Now, I am wondering if I can skip the Mutec and go Melco > ethernet > uRendu > USB > speakers instead.

From your first impressions of the uRendu, inserting it before the Mutec made a significant difference.

It's very hard for me to think with you in this. I honestly think the Devialet USB interface is not the best out there but you're not using a Devialet. If you were I'd certainly recommend both the microRendu and Mutec in tandem. The things I'm hearing now are really great. OTOH the Mutec seems to improve almost any DAC out there so I perhaps should not be so harsh about the Devialet, and would also not be surprised if it did improve things in your case as well.

Sorry, also never heard the Melco's so really can't tell if a microRendu would better it. I'm afraid it will though just based on what I'm reading thus far.

I hope you can find a way to home demo the devices or will find comparisons by people who use the same equipment as you.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(12-May-2016, 19:31)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(12-May-2016, 18:30)Antoine Wrote: Sorry, just can't help myself, but holy F###, cold out of the box, having played only seven to eight songs (I really know well) I already know: it's brilliant!! 

Sounds very promising!

Guillaume

I really think you should try it, or ask if Vincent can build it in into the TotalDAC replacing the Cubox. Smile

(12-May-2016, 19:57)Confused Wrote:
(12-May-2016, 18:30)Antoine Wrote: Sorry, just can't help myself, but holy F###, cold out of the box, having played only seven to eight songs (I really know well) I already know: it's brilliant!! 

First things I noticed; increased focus, depth and separation, more powerful bass and slam, reduced digititus (what was left of it) and increased dynamics and even richness. Will listen a lot more to form a more complete opinion.Thus far not disappointed in the least, rather impressed and surprised.

This only using a dirt cheap Chinese linear PSU (@9V) powering the mR and I've even had to reintroduce a SMPS supply into my system (on a filtered outlet of my Dectet now) to power the ethernet to fiber media converter.

Can't wait for the Paul Hynes PSU and any burn in improvements many claim come in the first several days.

Using Roon, this is the current chain:

Upstairs (office) DIY NAS PC -> CAT6 -> Netgear switch -> 0.25m CAT 6 -> FMC -> fiber optic cable -> FMC -> 0.25m CAT6 -> microRendu -> Curious USB cable (0.2m) -> Mutec MC-3+ USB -> DH Labs AES/EBU -> Devialet.

[Down to earth disclaimer: my system, my ears and no, these are not night and day differences, they almost never are. I'm looking for and happy with even small improvements any stranger walking by on the street or anyone not intimately familiar with my system would probably not even recognize.]

To quote you own words from another thread,  'In general I also like to take time to make a more firm 'assessment' if however the results even with that cheap PSU are immediately clear as in clearly better on all aspects I wouldn't need to wait that long.'

Well, it looks like you didn't need to wait that long!  Impressive!  However, I know myself that first impressions can sometimes hide things that later become apparent.  I look forward to hearing you views when you've had more listening time.  So far though, all reports look positive.

Haha, you're absolutely right, on all counts. Smile It was clear very quickly; it is simply better than my DIY music server. Listened a lot more today and I'm only liking it more the more time I listen to music through it.

In addtion to yesterday I can tell that it has that same prodigious bass quality as the Regen had (which I did miss a little after I replaced it). Of course both devices are from the same designer and there's in effect an improved Regen built in. Even though I have an active subwoofer, which I could turn up a little it wouldn't be the same. I can't really explain it but it's like everything from the (sub)bass up to the mids is more continuous, fuller, more alive, giving a greater sense of excitement and power. I think it could also be because of greater dynamic contrasts, greater 'speed'/faster transients.

Another thing, the music is a bit more forward (both literally as in a step closer to me, as figuratively: less laid back) than it used to be, however this is something that is very welcome here. It's less "hifi" but more real, natural or live sounding now. Simply more engaging.

I've already started selling parts of my DIY music server so I think that tells a lot/sums it up!  Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands