Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sonore Streamers
(13-May-2016, 09:30)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Americans are probably bored with their microRendu's by now because they've had them so long, while fellow Europeans are starting to enjoy theirs... here in the UK meanwhile I can only read about it all as the rusty cogs of our postal service grind away slowly and unpredictably.

But I think I'm in the final final stage of delivery today with a notification that a charge letter has 'been issued' - and since Im not the least bit interested in waiting another two weeks for that to arrive, I tracked down a depot where its being held, and managed to get the fee (about £32) and pay over the phone.  So, should come on Monday I've been told!

There's a bit of pressure now TBH, as I often think I don't hear what others hear, but am always pretty honest about it, so maybe I'll be the first to post that I can't tell much apart from the Mac/Intona in my setup.....

I really feel for you, I think you're the impatient type just like I am so I know it's very frustrating to see everyone around you already having the same thing you're waiting for. Good to see you took matters in your own hand to speed things up. Good luck with the remaining wait!

(13-May-2016, 15:37)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I'd never heard of Hans Beekhuyzen or his YouTube channel before today.  Maybe others have?

Anyway, no idea about his reviews - but there's a new one for the microRendu here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XRi9utNBl4

His video on the Raspberry Pi with Digi+ and power modifications is often linked to, that's how I knew him. 

He's clearly Dutch judging from the accent. It's hard for me to hear that, although I'll probably have the same type of accent!  Big Grin Will watch this video later, I'm curious what he has to say about it.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
One more thing, the mR got quite warm powered at 9V so I dialled down my PSU to 7.5V since I can't give it good ventilation (it's inside an AV equipment cabinet). It wasn't too hot to hold your hand on it but nearing it I suppose. I know the Mutec uses the USB power (only to power the USB module, the rest is seperately/independantly powered from it's own internal PSU) so this increases the heat production.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(13-May-2016, 15:37)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I'd never heard of Hans Beekhuyzen or his YouTube channel before today. Maybe others have?

Anyway, no idea about his reviews - but there's a new one for the microRendu here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XRi9utNBl4

Just watched it, great review, he's really raving about it in an honest way and I fully agree with everything he says. I'm sure a lot of similar toned reviews will follow. This little thing really rules! Smile

The Netherlands
There, "heat issue" solved! Big Grin Noticeably a lot cooler now!

Simply used the heatsink of an unused Intel S1155 CPU I had somewhere in a box. Never used so still had the thermally conductive material on it. Doesn't look pretty but who cares it's in a AV equipment lowboard. Smile

The Netherlands
Nice!

Have you been tempted to have a look inside? There's normally a swathe of 'naked' shots after a day or so, but I've not seen any yet.....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Hi guys : i have wd nas connected to my main router and i can play music from it thru (newly installed roon- before i was using jriver) from macbook pro. Can i bypass the macbook by inserting micro.r between wd nas and devialet usb? Does this improve really the sound cause i m bothered by the macbook solution for streaming! Does roon can be runned in wd nas?thks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Samsoum - Welcome! If you wish to continue using Roon, and wish to use the microRendu as a RoonReady device connected to your Devialet, you will still need a copy of Roon running somewhere in your home. As far as I know no one has gotten Roon to run on a WD NAS.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
FYI, I checked online if I could run RoonServer on a QNAP Turbo NAS and found a blog where roon said clearly that this was not going to be any good. You need a more powerful server.
QNAP TS219P II/ TIDAL-Hifi > Roon@mac-mini > AIR3-Cat6 > Devialet 250 > Audience AU24 SE > Gallo-3.5Ref (w/ SAM)
(14-May-2016, 16:07)baddog Wrote: Hi Samsoum - Welcome! If you wish to continue using Roon, and wish to use the microRendu as a RoonReady device connected to your Devialet, you will still need a copy of Roon running somewhere in your home. As far as I know no one has gotten Roon to run on a WD NAS.

Thks baddog for the reply, i think i ll wait a bit more for a good news from devialet and meanwhile enjoy roon in mac !
Since I've kept it playing 24/7 (easy, it just plays into the Mutec, no need to leave the D250 on) my mR is now well over the 50 hr mark. I'm extremely happy with it/the mR + Mutec combination. It's easily the most encompassing, real, natural and engaging sound I've ever heard in my home. I'm being pulled into the music more than ever, forgetting everything. Loving it!! Smile

A small but valuable thing, the mR is so energy efficient I just leave it on 24/7, like the Mutec so all I need to do to listen to music is turn on the Devialet and press play on my iPad. Even while my music server booted faster than the Devialet itself this does somehow matter as in help the experience. It's set and forget, very stable and I haven't run into any issue as of yet. Brilliant!

The Netherlands