Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franco Serblin Ktema
By the way Franco Serblin father was the founder from Sonus Faber an both sounds familar side by side.

Sent by iPad
(05-Feb-2016, 18:15)Confused Wrote: I recall going to the Guilford Audio hifi show last year, wondering into one of the smaller rooms (still quite a big room) I saw this system rigged up to these unusual looking speakers. As it turned out, these were Franco Serblin Ktema's but at the time this was not a brand that I even knew existed. If I'm completely honest, I walked into the room, took one look at them and instantly decided they were going to sound terrible. This was not because they looked in anyway a badly made speaker, far from it, they looked rather good, but it was the very visible drivers in the front of the cabinet, which were rather small. Not realising that the unusually shaped cabinet was in fact hiding two decent sized rear facing woofers. Anyway I sat down to listen to these speakers that were going to sound dreadful, in fact I sat there for quite a long time! Why? As I recall they were a really pleasant and engaging listen. I can't really remember the exact details, but what I do remember is sitting there and enjoying what I was hearing. This is a good thing, before this I had been listening to another system, which for various reasons I found quite annoying, but if you get a system on demo that your happy just to sit and listen too, that's a big positive. So I'd say the Franco's are definitely worth investigating. Plus I seam to Recall Rufus commenting that he quite liked the this very same system, but my memory might be playing tricks here.

Hey confused,

This sounds great. I have always had a soft spot for SF speakers. And spending time in the home cinema game the last years many years I haven't followed SF that close and did not know the departure of Franco from SF.

This should be his own speaker. The way he intended to build the speakers while SF went another direction. Only what I heard.

I have gotten an invite to listen to a pair tomorrow. Will update when I have heard them. Looking really forward to it
Interesting chat. I own these speakers and I cannot imagine the Devialet would be the ideal match. Of course, these speakers would sound great with anything you put in front of them, but they love Class A power. They need power in the lower frequencies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk