Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mikeeo's system
D400 placed side by side
Vinyl: Dr Feickert Woodpecker and inertia platter (2013)-Jelco 12" arm (replacement search on going)-Benz Micro LPS
Digital: Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU
Loudspeakers: Monitor Audio Platinum PL100 (looking for new)
Power cables: JPS Kaptovators, JPS in-the-wall, Acrolink 4030, Telwire HC
Vinyl cables: Furutech AG-12
Digital cables: VHAudio silver coaxial 75 ohm with silver Eichmann and Oyaide silver BNC.
Loudspeaker cables: Home brew solid copper in bi-wire config
Dedicated spur: Klangmodule III G with pure copper 16A fuse, JPS in the wall power cable to Furutech FT-SWS rhodium power outlet.
Diverse isolation platforms, cones, spikes, dampers and mumbo jumbo magic stuff

Pictures later as I just moved home and is currently setting everything up.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Your use of a Naim Unitiserve is interesting. (Makes for a nice simple "PC free" system)

Have you ever bothered to try an AIR vs Naim comparison?

Nice Turntable, by the way!
(02-Sep-2014, 18:08)Confused Wrote: Your use of a Naim Unitiserve is interesting. (Makes for a nice simple "PC free" system)

Have you ever bothered to try an AIR vs Naim comparison?

Nice Turntable, by the way!

Hi Confused,

I didn't want a PC system spinning in a corner and for a fact the US sounded better than any PC system I compared it too (not many though). US presented an easy system (amazing good sounding) for a guy like me that have absolute no interest in computers. I had Naim CDS, CDX etc and always liked the Naim way and now even digital out. Still have a CDX2 for a second system. Left the Naim amps long ago but their digital always struck a cord with me.
Air versions has never been on my list due to the few occasions I compared it to a solid link that was better so I prefer the BNC out. Though I did not compare the Devs Air vs other and for a fact I didn't bother.

Dr Feickert represent, for me of course, superb value for the money and the Woodpecker beat several double priced turntables including their own Blackbird model as I though Woodpecker had better 'boogie' factor. I am after all an old Naim devotee. I am waiting for Feickerts own arm or otherwise it will be a Reed 3P, which will better my present Jelco at least from my own comparisons.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Finally installed the dedicated mains, got the new table delivered and all that is missing is the turntable that will be in place after my final cable changes.

Mike
Looks good!

Did you change the IECs on the JPS Kaptovators?

What temperature are the amps running at in that rack?
Thanks!

An old colleague who changed profession to furniture maker did the rack for me. Solid oak 40 mm and 27 mm.
Original IECs on the Kaptovators. About to order a set of Petit Coronas from Sablon audio.

Both amps run at 44/42/44 deg C at long idle which wasn't the case before I moved hem side by side.

/Mike

(11-Oct-2014, 17:47)mauidan Wrote: Looks good!

Did you change the IECs on the JPS Kaptovators?

What temperature are the amps running at in that rack?
Mike,

Thanks for info.

When you had the units stacked, how much hotter did they run?

6moons has a new review of the Petit Corona:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/sablon/1.html
(12-Oct-2014, 02:56)mauidan Wrote: Mike,

Thanks for info.

I saw on the Sablon web-site that the construction of the Petit Coronas had been changed in September to "Oyaide 004 plug set and enhanced grounding". I wondered whether you or anyone else on here had compared the previous design to the new one?
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Thanks for info.

Hi,

With stacked units I know that the temps were slightly higher and about 49/45/49 I think. The companion on the bottom had particular higher temp in the power supply section than the master.
The granite platforms add some vibration control but also acts as a heat sink when the Devs are pushed.
Top platforms are each 30 kg marble for the Unitiserve and Woodpecker turntable. Teddy Pardo psu's have a granite slab as well for the same reason as for the Dev's. Teddy psu's for Unitiserve and turntable way better than the crap they were supplied with.

/Mikael
I've beta-tested the cables and had each in my system for some time. The previous generation one was brilliant but I found lost a little top-end when run in fully. The new one seems to enhance top end detail but also preserve that state over time.

(12-Oct-2014, 09:46)PhilP Wrote:

Thanks for info.

I saw on the Sablon web-site that the construction of the Petit Coronas had been changed in September to "Oyaide 004 plug set and enhanced grounding". I wondered whether you or anyone else on here had compared the previous design to the new one?