Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mikeeo's system
(12-Oct-2014, 10:18)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I've beta-tested the cables and had each in my system for some time. The previous generation one was brilliant but I found lost a little top-end when run in fully. The new one seems to enhance top end detail but also preserve that state over time.

(12-Oct-2014, 09:46)PhilP Wrote:
(12-Oct-2014, 02:56)mauidan Wrote: Mike,

Thanks for info.

When you had the units stacked, how much hotter did they run?

6moons has a new review of the Petit Corona:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/sablon/1.html

I saw on the Sablon web-site that the construction of the Petit Coronas had been changed in September to "Oyaide 004 plug set and enhanced grounding". I wondered whether you or anyone else on here had compared the previous design to the new one?
I am just about to order a set for my monos. Yes I did not yet tested them and I am buying in blind but with comfort in what has been said at this forum, you win some and you lose some but statistics point for a positive result.
BUT I have extensive experience from using Oyaide 004's. Best plug I had (did not test their top plug but price is even more ridiculous than the 004) in my system. It really cleans up the sound whatever cable used imho, cleaning without leaning towards any frequency or getting bright/analytical, just like cleaning a window or something like that. Try for your selfs even if it comes at an expense.
So what Rufus says above about the latest version of the Petite probable is an effect of the 004's.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(12-Oct-2014, 10:18)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I've beta-tested the cables and had each in my system for some time. The previous generation one was brilliant but I found lost a little top-end when run in fully. The new one seems to enhance top end detail but also preserve that state over time.

That's interesting and encouraging, thanks!

I must admit to being a power cable sceptic but my friendly dealer suggested that I should try a Music Works Revive Lite (furutech rhodium plug) and I was very surprised by the results. They really brought out additional detail in the top end and tightened up the bass. There are some downsides to this - particularly that tape hiss on old recordings is now more obvious and intrusive on all sources and there is now more brashness/harshness when using my NDX as a source, though iMac/iTunes sounds fine.

So I'm interested in trying some other cables and the P. Sablon seems like an obvious one to try. My system tends towards sounding lean so I'm really looking for a cable that adds more body to the sound.

@Mikeeo. Interesting that you're so positive about Oyaide - a friend of mine loves their interconnects but their products are not so easy to buy in the UK which is a bit strange.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(12-Oct-2014, 13:06)PhilP Wrote:

That's interesting and encouraging, thanks!

I must admit to being a power cable sceptic but my friendly dealer suggested that I should try a Music Works Revive Lite (furutech rhodium plug) and I was very surprised by the results. They really brought out additional detail in the top end and tightened up the bass. There are some downsides to this - particularly that tape hiss on old recordings is now more obvious and intrusive on all sources and there is now more brashness/harshness when using my NDX as a source, though the iMac/iTunes sounds fine.

So I'm interested in trying some others cables and the P. Sablon seems like an obvious one to try. My system tends towards sounding lean so I'm really looking for a cable that adds more body to the sound.

@Mikeeo. Interesting that you're so positive about Oyaide - a friend of mine loves their interconnects but their products at not so easy to buy in the UK which is a bit strange.
I am positive about their mains plugs and I also use their silver BNC and SRBN loudspeaker bananas with perfect results. Otherwise I have WBT silver or Silver Bullets and Furutech loudspeaker forks.
I've tried many sorts of plugs and cables in the past (before Devialet).
Otherwise I am not to fond of Oyaide and their cables.
For sure plugs inject their own signature so it will probable vary from the cables and systems.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
    Update!

System complete (as for now Wink)!

*Naim Uniti Serve with Teddy Pardo psu, VHaudio 75 ohm silver with Oyaide silver BNC and WBT Nextgen silver, Supra Cat7 network cable, Telwire HC power cord.
*Dr. Feickert Woodpecker with inertiaplatter and Teddy Pardo psu, Jelco 12", Benz LPS, Furutech AG12 phono cable, Acrolink 4030 III with Oyaide 004 power cord.
*Devialet 400, linked by VHaudio 75 ohm silver and Silver Bullets RCA-RCA, Petit Coronas (Oyaide 004 version) power cords.
*Monitor Audio PL100, home brewed AWG 10 copper with Oyaide bananas Rhodium/Furutech forks Rhodium.
*Lampizator mains filter hooked up with JPS Kaptovator to a Furutech Rhodium wall receptacle.
*Dedicated Audience Conductor mains cable (screen floated at the receptacle end) and Klangmodule 3G spur (16A).
*Oppo 103D (has its own, together with TV, wall receptacle).
* Tailor made hifi table in oak, marble and granite platforms.

On the quest list: Loudspeakers and tonearm.

/Mike
Very nice indeed...

On a side note, due to high metallic content, granite did not help but hurt the sound a little bit when I used it years ago. And, Devialet likes to be on softer foots which absorb vibration a little... You may want to experiment there... You might be listening to a harsher sound than it really is...

Easy tweak is just place the foam cover that Devialets come in, and place the amps on them directly to see if you like the dampening and separation from the granite... Similar test is to try 3 Vibrapod's (number 3 or 4) per Devialet if you can find them easily. You should hear changes in tonality towards warmer side (more natural in this case) and a snap in in focus and soundstage.

Please take this as my 5 cents...

Cheers

Kunter
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
(28-Oct-2014, 13:16)Kunter Wrote: Very nice indeed...

On a side note, due to high metallic content, granite did not help but hurt the sound a little bit when I used it years ago. And, Devialet likes to be on softer foots which absorb vibration a little... You may want to experiment there... You might be listening to a harsher sound than it really is...

Easy tweak is just place the foam cover that Devialets come in, and place the amps on them directly to see if you like the dampening and separation from the granite... Similar test is to try 3 Vibrapod's (number 3 or 4) per Devialet if you can find them easily. You should hear changes in tonality towards warmer side (more natural in this case) and a snap in in focus and soundstage.

Please take this as my 5 cents...

Cheers

Kunter

Thanks Kunter,

In my previous home I had them on these granite slates but on carbon fibre feet, now I am fine tuning as you kindly suggests. Definitely will try your recommendations. As you point out the sonic signature is a bit top lighted but I though it was a matter of room tuning ie acoustic treatment. Never tried vibrapods but looking forward to try.

Cheers/Mike
i actually adopted some feet from my Naim days ,and found out that the Tema Isolators did the trick,use them under all components

They are quite soft and in different weight classes ,felt that they did changes in tonality towards warmer side in my system,as i felt was little hard and harsh in the beginning
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Kunter,

Did you try the Vibrapod cones as well and are there advantages to be had from using either of the pods?

/Mike
(29-Oct-2014, 02:27)Mikeeo Wrote: Kunter,

Did you try the Vibrapod cones as well and are there advantages to be had from using either of the pods?

/Mike

I did in the past and too long ago now to remember...

I use vibrapods when I visit my dealer and would like to listen to some new gear with Devialet. If Devialet is on a hard floor, I don't like the signature so I simply throw in the vibrapods...

In my setup, I have a Finite Elemente Master rack with vibration sucking resonators, and recently added Stabilian feet with a good effect.

I would try Vibrapod first, or even the package foam (which is free) to see if you like the effect.

Cheers.
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
(29-Oct-2014, 09:53)Kunter Wrote:
(29-Oct-2014, 02:27)Mikeeo Wrote: Kunter,

/Mike

I did in the past and too long ago now to remember...

I use vibrapods when I visit my dealer and would like to listen to some new gear with Devialet. If Devialet is on a hard floor, I don't like the signature so I simply throw in the vibrapods...

In my setup, I have a Finite Elemente Master rack with vibration sucking resonators, and recently added Stabilian feet with a good effect.

I would try Vibrapod first, or even the package foam (which is free) to see if you like the effect.

Cheers.

A big batch of Vibrapods and cones on its way to me so next week will be fun (I hope).
I've used granite slabs since the 90's as this brought my Micromega digital setup to the right level in terms of just sharpen the hole sound signature and dynamics. From then I just sticked to them with all Naim CD players that I had including other digital gear. In between I tried all kinds of slabs, cones etc. but always went back to granite slabs. The only little positive effect I had was from carbon fiber cones (with the slabs).

Will report back as testing proceeds/Mike