Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal via Spark iOS - "data not Available"
Hi - I get a constant issue where Tidal shows "data not available" next to the track a lot of the time and it seems to be some kind of weird refresh issue

For example I go to my playque and all looks fine - lots of nice pics and track info....then as soon as I start scrolling they all turn into black boxes with an X in the middle and say data not available. I can see the ones at the bottom of the screen are fine, then they mess up as they go up the page 

Same when viewing an album. 

All the while the tracks play fine - I just can't see what I am playing. And if I try and search nothing comes up. Even though I can still play tracks in the playqueue

Restarting Spark seems to fix but will often clear the playqueue

Not a major issue just weird - any thoughts from anyone?
I think that Spark is not ready for the prime time yet. There are issues there and there, no landscape mode etc. Nothing wrong with what you're doing, just wait a month till they fix the problem.
I only experience the data not available error when I am trying to listen to Qobuz or Tidal music that isn't allowed to be streamed in my country. And as I am German about 20% of the songs from Qobuz and Tidal are not allowed here.
How could it be, that the music is available, while its description is not? Should be a software issue.
(08-Feb-2016, 15:06)dmitrek Wrote: How could it be, that the music is available, while its description is not? Should be a software issue.

I had that problem with the data sometimes, but after the last firmware upgrade from last week it's gone Rolleyes
(07-Feb-2016, 11:47)Jamington2004 Wrote: Hi - I get a constant issue where Tidal shows "data not available" next to the track a lot of the time and it seems to be some kind of weird refresh issue

For example I go to my playque and all looks fine - lots of nice pics and track info....then as soon as I start scrolling they all turn into black boxes with an X in the middle and say data not available. I can see the ones at the bottom of the screen are fine, then they mess up as they go up the page 

Same when viewing an album. 

All the while the tracks play fine - I just can't see what I am playing. And if I try and search nothing comes up. Even though I can still play tracks in the playqueue

Restarting Spark seems to fix but will often clear the playqueue

Not a major issue just weird - any thoughts from anyone?

You are not alone: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2590   

I don't use Spark for playing media.  But even more bizarre is that when I close Spark, music continues to play!   This app is currently in beta status, don't think that you are doing something wrong.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
(08-Feb-2016, 15:54)sekriT Wrote: But even more bizarre is that when I close Spark, music continues to play!

There is nothing wrong with that: Spark is not a streaming app, but rather a playlist control app for the phantoms or the dialog. You can even power off your computer and phone, and everything will continue to work as intended.
(08-Feb-2016, 17:22)dmitrek Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 15:54)sekriT Wrote: But even more bizarre is that when I close Spark, music continues to play!

There is nothing wrong with that: Spark is not a streaming app, but rather a playlist control app for the phantoms or the dialog. You can even power off your computer and phone, and everything will continue to work as intended.

What you just said is stupid.  If Spark is a playlist control app like you said, controlling must include starting and "stopping" the music. How are you going to stop playing the music if Spark is not supposed to do that?
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
(08-Feb-2016, 18:03)sekriT Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 17:22)dmitrek Wrote:

What you just said is stupid.  If Spark is a playlist control app like you said, controlling must include stating and "stopping" the music. How are you going to stop playing the music if Spark is not supposed to do that?

Just stop the music in spark, before you close the spark app.
How difficult can it be?
(08-Feb-2016, 18:06)Johnnydev Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 18:03)sekriT Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 17:22)dmitrek Wrote: There is nothing wrong with that: Spark is not a streaming app, but rather a playlist control app for the phantoms or the dialog. You can even power off your computer and phone, and everything will continue to work as intended.

What you just said is stupid.  If Spark is a playlist control app like you said, controlling must include stating and "stopping" the music. How are you going to stop playing the music if Spark is not supposed to do that?

Just stop the music in spark, before you close the spark app.
How difficult can it be?

How difficult can it be to add two lines of codes to automatically stop the music if the app is closed?  Apparently Devialet hired software engineers who has same lazy mentality.