Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Original d´Atelier in HI-FI News
Thumbs Up 
Just published test Devialet Original dÁtelier in the March issue of the magazine HI-FI News.
I have not read it yet but I have seen that the conclusion is very very good
Pro-Ject CD BOX RS--Roon--Qobuz Studio--Technics SL-1200GR--Synergistic Research Tricon Analogue 20th Anniversary--AT-OC9XSL--AudioQuest Niagara 1200--AudioQuest NRG-Z3--Devialet 220 Pro CI--Kimber Kable 4PR--Harbeth SHL5--Sumiko S.9 Subwoofers--Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold--IsoAcoustics GAIA II and Orea Graphite
Alicante (Spain)
Same "score" as a pair of dual mono D-Premiers fwiw.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

HiFi news is heavily sponsored I get the idea. hardly very critical.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
There's very rarely any criticism in HiFi News and they score just about everything between 80% and 90% in respect of single product reviews (they do score below 80% in comparative reviews though, in my experience, the comparative reviews never include gear that purports to be cutting edge).

This is pretty much the same with HiFi+.

(I think that both Paul Miller and Alan Sircom could deliver more disciminatory views were they not influenced, perhaps indirectly, by advertising revenue. In Hifi Critic, a more critical(!) approach is taken, which I often disagree with, but nevertheless respect.)
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Yes, it's a foregone conclusion that Paul Miller would rate the d'Atelier highly, because he pretty much started the ball rolling in the UK with the highest-ever 91% rating for the D200, and he owns D800.
I'd rather they gave it to one of the other HiFi News reviewers, for a more balanced view.
Then again, PM edits & OWNS HiFi News, so its not surprising he gave himself this review! Wonder if he'll upgrade...
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
Quite interesting that they tested it with a Melco N1A front end. You might expect a more "reference level" source, but maybe they think the N1A is all you'd ever need.

I also note that they messed up the quoted power figures at various ohms levels, with different power figures quoted on the same page.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(09-Feb-2016, 14:07)Confused Wrote: Quite interesting that they tested it with a Melco N1A front end.  You might expect a more "reference level" source, but maybe they think the N1A is all you'd ever need.

I also note that they messed up the quoted power figures at various ohms levels, with different power figures quoted on the same page.

Yes I was delighted to see this. This seems to reinforce my belief that the Devialet and the speakers are what mater most. Of course as you know I am no expert. I only bought the Melco because AIR was problematic. I always wondered if a lot of cash on a streamer would beat AIR.
I think my Melco does but the real truth is I don't know as I have no desire to compare.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(09-Feb-2016, 14:07)Confused Wrote: Quite interesting that they tested it with a Melco N1A front end.  You might expect a more "reference level" source, but maybe they think the N1A is all you'd ever need.

... and they got the Od'A chassis size wrong!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
For those who have not been able to read it so far : https://issuu.com/happyrebel/docs/hi-fi_...march_2016