Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with TW Acustic Retail Prices

Hi

I need help from a member in Europe or US please. 

Long story:

Late last year i acquired a TW Acustic Raven AC TT & Raven 10.5 tonearm second hand (more here: http://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,48128.0.html)

The seller purchased the equipment from the local dealer http://www.stereomusicality.co.za

Living in an emerging market and watching your currency depreciate against 1st world currencies is not exactly fun. 

So i am in the process of my annual update of my insurance valuations and send a request to the local dealer for latest recommended retail pricing on the TT & Tonearm. I am insured for replacement cost so i need the latest pricing. 

Taking Hi-Fi snobbery (IMO) to a new level i get this reply:

"We are only able to provide this sort of valuation on original new equipment supplied by ourselves, and where a copy of the original invoice had been sent to the manufacturer

We will however, in the event of you having to put in a claim, provide whatever assistance we can in that regard"

[img=23x33]file://localhost/Users/topdog/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image002.png[/img] [img=23x33]file://localhost/Users/topdog/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image004.png[/img] [img=23x33]file://localhost/Users/topdog/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image006.png[/img] [img=23x33]file://localhost/Users/topdog/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image008.png[/img] [img=23x33]file://localhost/Users/topdog/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image010.png[/img] [img=23x33]file://localhost/Users/topdog/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image012.png[/img] [img=23x33]file://localhost/Users/topdog/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image014.png[/img] [img=23x33]file://localhost/Users/topdog/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image016.png[/img] [img=23x33]file://localhost/Users/topdog/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image018.png[/img]  - i was only asking for the latest retail price - WTF????

So i have done some internet research to try and establish what the retail pricing is in either Europe or the USA so that i can use that as a base to determine a replacement cost. I could only find reviews dating back many years.

Assistance please

If anybody could enlighten me as to the latest retail pricing of 

- TW Acustic Raven AC (single motor)
- TW Acustic Raven 10.5 tonearm 

That would help. 

Otherwise i am thinking of contacting the manufacturer but i am sure they will just direct me to the local agent - aint going near there!

One can be sure that if the stuff is stolen that i will not be purchasing from the dealer - but will rather hop on a plane to Europe and buy there and then ship back to South Africa.

Appreciation in advance!

(10-Feb-2016, 08:12)colonel66 Wrote:  
Hi

I need help from a member in Europe or US please. 

Long story:

Late last year i acquired a TW Acustic Raven AC TT & Raven 10.5 tonearm second hand (more here: http://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,48128.0.html)

The seller purchased the equipment from the local dealer http://www.stereomusicality.co.za

Living in an emerging market and watching your currency depreciate against 1st world currencies is not exactly fun. 

So i am in the process of my annual update of my insurance valuations and send a request to the local dealer for latest recommended retail pricing on the TT & Tonearm. I am insured for replacement cost so i need the latest pricing. 

Taking Hi-Fi snobbery (IMO) to a new level i get this reply:

"We are only able to provide this sort of valuation on original new equipment supplied by ourselves, and where a copy of the original invoice had been sent to the manufacturer

We will however, in the event of you having to put in a claim, provide whatever assistance we can in that regard"

[img=23x33]file://localhost/Users/topdog/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image002.png[/img] [img=23x33]file://localhost/Users/topdog/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image004.png[/img] [img=23x33]file://localhost/Users/topdog/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image006.png[/img] [img=23x33]file://localhost/Users/topdog/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image008.png[/img] [img=23x33]file://localhost/Users/topdog/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image010.png[/img] [img=23x33]file://localhost/Users/topdog/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image012.png[/img] [img=23x33]file://localhost/Users/topdog/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image014.png[/img] [img=23x33]file://localhost/Users/topdog/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image016.png[/img] [img=23x33]file://localhost/Users/topdog/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image018.png[/img]  - i was only asking for the latest retail price - WTF????

So i have done some internet research to try and establish what the retail pricing is in either Europe or the USA so that i can use that as a base to determine a replacement cost. I could only find reviews dating back many years.

Assistance please

If anybody could enlighten me as to the latest retail pricing of 

- TW Acustic Raven AC (single motor)
- TW Acustic Raven 10.5 tonearm 

That would help. 

Otherwise i am thinking of contacting the manufacturer but i am sure they will just direct me to the local agent - aint going near there!

One can be sure that if the stuff is stolen that i will not be purchasing from the dealer - but will rather hop on a plane to Europe and buy there and then ship back to South Africa.

Appreciation in advance!

Hi,
I'm in the UK, but digging around online I see that the Raven TT is $13,800 and the arm is $5,500.

Hope this helps.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
^^ thanks got those numbers to from reviews but they are quiet dated

hoping that someone has a price list or knows a dealer who can provide current pricing (in case of change)
(10-Feb-2016, 15:29)colonel66 Wrote: hoping that someone has a price list or knows a dealer who can provide current pricing (in case of change)

List of current German dealers

http://www.tw-acustic.de/en/germany

... and from the first dealer on the list

Raven AC  UVP 10.900 Euro
Raven 10,5 Tonarm  UVP 4000 Euro

http://www.audiophile-musik.de/equipment.php
Ahh thanks so much.