Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog overheating and deforming the casing?
The cooler the longer lifetime.
Putting it on it's side makes sense and I will do that after they replace mine (assuming they agree to do it and don't try and say a deforming case is "normal").
(12-Feb-2016, 11:32)Johnnydev Wrote:
(12-Feb-2016, 10:40)AllenB Wrote: Has anyone tried one of those USB desktop fans, would this run off the USB port on the Dialog (they only need power from USB port)? Might offend fan-less sensibilities but they can be very quiet and will just move air across the casing. Cheap as well, I have a 'Daffodil' which is whisper quiet and has a speed dial on the top. I don't own a Dialog but thought this might help, or be worth trying.

Why would i need a fan if devialet says it's not a problem?

Just a suggestion, but the case buckling from the heat and burning hot metal parts does not sound to me like an ideal operating environment. Or the wrong design / parts. Perhaps it's not a problem according to Devialet because they don't want a total recall. All seems a bit embarrassing to me though, but like I said I do not own Dialog.

Wish my Devialet 200 would run cooler though, not relishing the prospect of what might happen when I move to a much warmer country later this year.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
Mine runs warm but not hot. I did put some small "stands" under the Dialog. They only touch the middle part and elevate the Dialog about 1cm. I guess that the ventilation grills along the rims are working according to physics. Which means hot air is emanated at the top and colder air is sucked in below. Hence the elevation. Works for me.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
I've recorded 50 degrees Celsius on the top of Dialog. Maybe it's overheating from time to time due to software issues.
(13-Feb-2016, 11:55)dmitrek Wrote: I've recorded 50 degrees Celsius on the top of Dialog. Maybe it's overheating from time to time due to software issues.

Can we organize a survey post here if you have a deformed case, as a manufacturer they need to replace, can you imagine Naim or Linn letting this happen.

Yes mine is heat deformed
If the dialog case deformed and it's still under the factory warranty, it should be replaced under the warranty.
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
Hmm - I can see mine is warping, like the original picture.
Fellow forum members, I "may" have created a false alarm here. I had a reply from support and they said, regarding the side picture

"The picture is totally normal, all dialogs have this kind of shape to let some air pass where there is a bigger component. "

However, the rear view where the casing is not clipping down properly, they think doesn't look right.
It does not look normal, but as the OP states, Devialet claims it's OK. Send the picture to Devialet support and ask. My Dialog looks the same. I did measure the temperature of my Dialog right now. About 56 degrees C at the heat sinks and 45-50 degrees C elsewhere. Quite hot IMO.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage