Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15% off your Expert System Companion
(15-Feb-2016, 21:03)moreno1973 Wrote: A lot of persons whi bought 400 are not very Happy with some issues...many thread in this forum about problems with 400..

I would prefer to upgrade to 250 than to 400...

I also like simple one unit idea...simplicity, less boxes...

Me too, but it seems like a big leap in cost for what you get, and if you don't plan to go 800.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(15-Feb-2016, 21:49)RNickB Wrote:
(15-Feb-2016, 21:03)moreno1973 Wrote: A lot of persons whi bought 400 are not very Happy with some issues...many thread in this forum about problems with 400..

Where are these many threads, mine is absolutely amazing and a huge upgrade from the 200

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I thought that you'd sold yours Nick? I must admit I was very sorely tempted to buy it.... Sad
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
I upgraded mine from D200 to D400. As someone said, it's a HUGE IMPROVEMENT over D200. No issues on the unit and sound.
I then moved onto D800 since. Having some issues with the Configurator, not specific to D800.
If you can swing it, go for it. You won't regret it. It really is a huge improvement over D200.
 Deviate 800   /   PMC Fact 12  /  Clearaudio Concept MM   /  Aurender N100H   /  MacMini  Roon 
another very happy D400 user here
no issues whatsoever and a great improvement over the D200 IMHO
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
(16-Feb-2016, 05:28)tyefighter Wrote: another very happy D400 user here
no issues whatsoever and a great improvement over the D200 IMHO

+1

I moved from 200 to 400 and is very happy with what choice. Only problem with it was when Devialet launched new firmware and the phono input got messed up but that was not hardware. 
I talked about D400 VS. 250 with some other owners and most of them thinks the D400 is a bit better but not by much and I see the point in having only one box with the 250.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(15-Feb-2016, 21:49)NickB Wrote:

Where are these many threads, mine is absolutely amazing and a huge upgrade from the 200

HERE are for example these threads:

Weak Companion/Right Channel on Monoblocks 

Companion makes a buzzing sound.

Mushy and unbalanced sound in dual mono set-up

No sound on Companion????

Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch!
Apart from that You can see that there are more and more selling offers of 400 in internet (audiomarkt.de)...but it is hard to find original 250 (not a 250 made freom modified D Premier).

IMO Devialet was created as an idea of simple but all-in-one single unit and it works best as one box. I heard 400, 800 many times with many highend gear, but best ever sound of Devialet was with 250 connected to Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution.

But of course this is just MY Opinion...
(16-Feb-2016, 11:58)moreno1973 Wrote:
(15-Feb-2016, 21:49)NickB Wrote:

HERE are for example these threads:

Weak Companion/Right Channel on Monoblocks 

Companion makes a buzzing sound.

Mushy and unbalanced sound in dual mono set-up

No sound on Companion????

Yet another Dual Mono Configuration Glitch!

Some of this is firmware, my companion makes a buzzing sound that is not something related to a 400 and that could be a 200 that makes the sound if you are unlucky.

More intresting is how many today have problems with their 400? Many problems with the dual-mono accured after firmware updates.

But of course one amp is easier to handle that I can agree with.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

Sorry can't be bothered to argue with you on the basis of really old, configuration based problems and one where a Devialet companion was buzzing at just above background noise level which as someone else said is a problem that could occur with any Devialet. Mine is great and a fantastic upgrade, so good in fact that I am selling/sold it to get a ......... D800.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(16-Feb-2016, 12:06)moreno1973 Wrote: Apart from that You can see that there are more and more selling offers of 400 in internet (audiomarkt.de)...but it is hard to find original 250 (not a 250 made freom modified D Premier).

IMO Devialet was created as an idea of simple but all-in-one single unit and it works best as one box. I heard 400, 800 many times with many highend gear, but best ever sound of Devialet was with 250 connected to Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution.

But of course this is just MY Opinion...

So you dont think this is because there is much more 200, 200 "companion" and 400 sold than 250?

To me it was nice to buy a 200 first and after a while get a companion (which was not my intent from the begining).

I will not speculate more in this, some like 200, some like a 250, some like a 400 and some of us likes the 800. I have heard all of them under different conditions and with different speakers so I will not decide which is best to me they all sound great but different.

Second system